How to Convert PPT to Video for Free
Free PPT to Video Converter with Sound and Animations
This is a simple instructional guide to convert PowerPoint to video. PowerPoint presentations are valuable tools to convey your ideas and are widely used by people involved in businesses. Nowadays, even students at various levels are making use of their own PowerPoint presentations. PowerPoint presentations can be transferred over the Internet using various sites like Google Docs. Sometimes it becomes necessary that you have to add your narration to your PowerPoint presentation in order to convey your ideas exactly as you thought rather than leaving it to the imagination of the viewer. The best way to do this is to convert PowerPoint to video for free and add narrations to it. Let's get started with how to convert PPS to AVI.
This is a long article, so if you are a person who would rather watch a video than read this article, then please watch the video at how to convert PPT to movie.
Basic requirements for making your video from PowerPoint presentation are:
- Windows XP or higher.
- Windows Movie Maker (this comes along with Windows XP).
- Knowledge about making a PowerPoint presentation.
- Microphone with speaker.
Step-by-Step Instructions to make a Video from PowerPoint Presentation
Open your PowerPoint presentation from the location where you have saved it.
Click the File > Save As. Don’t forget to save it in a place where you can easily remember.
In the Save As type drop down press JPEG File Interchange Format. You will be asked do you want to export Every Slide or Current Slide Only, click every slide. Then press OK.
Making Your Movie
Open Windows Moviemaker. It will be in Start Windows > Programs > Windows Movie Maker.
- In Windows Moviemaker, click Import into Collections.
- Go to the location where you have saved your PowerPoint presentation as JPEG format. Point the cursor at the first slide > click shift key > click last slide > click Import. Your slides will be imported into Collections.
- Click Show Storyboard.
- You will have one more box called Storyboard at the bottom part of Windows Movie Maker.
- Drag the slides and place them in the storyboard according to the order you want them to appear in the video. You can change the order of the slides as you wish.
Give Your PPT a Professional Look with Camtasia
Adding Narration to Your Video
Now, it is time to add narration to your video. Press the microphone icon. Make sure that you have inserted your microphone. You can also add a pre-recorded narration if you have one.
- Click Start Narration.
- After you have finished your narration, click Stop Narration.
- Click Done.
- Your narration will get saved. If you want you can change the name and click Save. Click ok.
- Click Show Timeline. You can see your narration has been added to the Storyboard.
You can preview your video before saving it by pressing Play in the video player on the right hand side.
My Other Hubs that may be of Interest to you
In this guide on how to convert PowerPoint to video for free, I have used only Windows Movie Maker since it comes bundled with Microsoft Windows, but there are also tools like Camtasia (paid version) and Camstudio (free version), which can be used to make your video. This is how you can convert PowerPoint to video and upload it to video sharing sites like YouTube and share it with your friends.
Saving Your Video
Now, we have reached the last stages of making your video. Let's see how to save your PPT as video.
- Click File >SaveMovie File.
- Click My Computer > Next.
- Enter a file name for your video and then click Next. You can even change the destination folder by using the option Choose a place to save your movie.
- After that you will be prompted with a radio button option about quality. Don’t change anything, just click Next.
- Your video file will be saved and will be played after you click Finish.