- Internet & the Web
Craigslist is often used by marketers to promote their website or products for sale. Craigslist allows you to post classifieds ads free of charge but is anyone reading your ads? Sometimes craigslist feels like a convention with all salesmen and no buyers..
Since Craigslist's member control panel provides no performance statistics, how can you tell if anyone is visiting your ad?
I recently received a tip of an application named CLmetrics. A website that not only provides a hit counter but displays a full performance report of your listing. The service is provided at no registration or cost to the user. A simple click of a button results in a small piece of code to be added to your classified ad listing and you will also be provided with a "Report ID" to monitor your progress.
Features of the performance report:
- Total listing views.
- Listing views displayed and graphed by date.
- Compare total views versus unique views.
- Detailed map and graph displaying locations of visitors.
- Detailed list of all cities & states of visitors.
- Total views are displayed on the craigslist listing.
- Performance results are displayed in real time.
It is pretty cool to see how many people actually do or don't view the listings you post. Also, you may be surprised by some of the locations your visitors are from considering craigslist is geo specific.
Do you have a favorite craigslist counter that you prefer to use?