What to Expect From A DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter/Camera Drone
- DJI Phantom 4 is made exquisite, lightweight and durable all at the same time.
- This drone performs well and better compared to other drones in the market because of its unique and cutting-edge features.
- This drone’s ActiveTrack technology feature allows subject tracking and focus to be easily done without requiring another GPS to use.
- It can capture 720p HD shots at up to 5 kilometres, making the drone the perfect one to use for both film making and adventure purposes.
- Its Vision Positioning System offers optimum stability and hovering capability, allowing the drone to fly high in a safe and precise way, as well as to instantly halt and hover when there is a release made in the joystick controls.
- The drone’s magnesium core makes it lightweight but tough, and stable as well.
- Its versatile functionality allows it to be useful in any season and weather condition, as long as it is within its 0° to 40° C operating temperature.
- The drone has 3 flight modes: attitude, position, sport; thus, it is easier to control and navigate.
- Its cutting-edge sport (S) flight mode allows you to fly the drone with a speed as fast as 72kms/hour.
- DJI Phantom 4’s Obstacle Sensing System allows it to automatically stay away from objects 0.7-15m near it, making it avoid obstacles as quick and as responsive as possible.
- The drone’s Smart Return Home feature makes it intelligently lead itself to ‘home’ or where it took off, leaving you with lesser worries.
- It has a larger battery and a highly advanced propulsion system which allows it to have a 28-minute maximum flight time.
- It is compatible with both Apple and Android devices.
- DJI Phantom 4 is the best drone option for videographers, film makers as well as hobbyists.
- DJI Phantom 4’s Obstacle Sensing System only works in a forward direction.
DJI Phantom 4 may be one of the best drones in the market, but its major drawback is its Obstacle Sensing System only works in a forward direction. Thus, it is still susceptible to collision with obstacles while on flight when on a horizontal moving position.
- This drone’s extra batteries are expensive.
This DJI Phantom may have a longer flight time of 28 minutes, but if one would not find this sufficient enough, purchasing extra batteries would be the best decision to make. However, let me tell you that this drone’s batteries are expensive, but of course, with the drone’s overall performance, it is totally worth the money.
- It is not as easy to bring and upgrade as other drones.
Since DJI Phantom 4 is built durable, compact and solid enough that its parts are not detachable, do not expect it to be as easy to bring during trips or when going to the film site as other drones, especially if you do not have a carry case for it. However, purchasing a hard carry case for the drone would totally solve the problem. In addition, since the drone’s parts are not detachable, its camera is not upgradable.
- It is not ideal for novices.
DJI Phantom 4 may be cool to use because of its cutting-edge and game-changing features, but the truth is, it is definitely not a drone for all, especially for novices. This drone’s sport (S) flight mode might be awesome because of its maximum speed of 72kms/hr, however, it is not something for novices to play and randomly try doing. Remember that DJI Phantom 4’s Obstacle Sensing System excludes this flight mode; thus, you might want to think twice before lending this drone to a newbie.
DJI Phantom 4 may not be ideal for novices, but it is surely the best option for videographers, film makers and hobbyists.
- This drone is more expensive than others in the market.
DJI Phantom 4 may be the best drone ever, but it surely comes in a high price compared to other drones in the market. However, if you ask me: “Is it worth the money?” With the cutting-edge technology and awesome features DJI Phantom 4 has, it is surely worth every penny spent! Experience it for yourself, and you will know what I mean.
Even if DJI Phantom 4 comes with a couple of drawbacks, its pros and highlights absolutely weigh more and matter most! Thus, no wonder it is the leading camera drone in the market and the most sought-after product especially by videographers and hobbyists.
Do you find this article informative? Share it with your family and friends so they, too, will know more about this product in all aspects and make a fully informed decision before buying one. You can also check the video below to see how this quadcopter performs while on flight.