Debrand Sony Ericsson TM-506
How to debrand Sony Ericsson TM-506
The following procedure details how to debrand your Sony Ericsson TM-506. This removes all carrier customization's and and sets your firmware to generic. All your settings will be reset and you will have to program APN'S and MMS/WAP settings as per your carrier provided settings.
You will require 3 files. Please ensure manufacturer pc suite software and all drivers are installed properly. Search and install the following files:
- SEUS - Sony Ericsson Upgrade Service - Search and install .exe
- TM-506 Custpack (Ver. 1.0 or later) - This is the generic/debranded firmware file that will be flashed to the device.
- A2Uploader (V3 or later) - This is your flashing utility.
- Run A2Uploader and select FileSystem Tool
- Ensure that your phone is shut down and that you have installed Sony Ericsson Upgrade Service is installed prior to initiating
- Now hold "2" on your numeric keypad and plug in your phone via USB
- Release once phone has been recognized by the flashing utility
- Within the file system browse to the following directory: /tpa/preset/custom
- Extract the custpack downloaded earlier to the desktop and drag the following file Customize_upgrade.xml into the file system
- Ensure file has uploaded successfully and select shutdown filesystem manager
- Disconnect USB and turn on device. Type the following sequence of keys:
- Right * Left Left * Left * (Right Key - Star Key - Left Key - Left Key - Star Key - Left Key - Star Key)
- Click through to "Service info" then navigate to "Software info" in the menu. You are looking for the following listed under Custmization: 1217-0527. This ensures flash has been done properly and you are clear to proceed with an upgrade.
- Turn off your device and run SEUS downloaded earlier. Select your device from the list and again hold down 2 on your numeric keypad while plugging in USB cable.
- Now simply select Reinstall/Upgrade and allow SEUS to update your firmware.
- Once completed your device will be running generic unbranded firmware.
- Again please update your APN/MMS/WAP settings as provided to you by your carrier.