- Internet & the Web
Delete a Browser Cookie from Internet Explorer: How to delete a Browser Cookie from Internet Explorer?
A browser cookie is a small piece of information (one or more name-value pairs) which is sent by a web server to a web browser. A cookie can hold information like user preference, shopping cart contents or other data used by the website and can be used as authenticating, session tracking and maintaining specific information of the user. The data in the browser cookie will be sent back to the web server whenever the browser reconnects to the browser. The cookies itself is not spyware or anti-spyware or virus. It is totally harmless. But the real fact is that all types of browser cookies store private information and so there is a possibility of computer hacking or potential identity theft. This page contains the detail information to delete cookies form the browser Internet Explorer.
Steps to Delete a Browser Cookie from Internet Explorer
You can easily delete a browser cookie from Internet Explorer. Follow the following steps to delete a browser cookie from Internet Explorer:
Step 1: Open your browser (Internet Explorer).
Step 2: After opening Internet Explorer, click on Tools option. A drop-down menu will be appeared. Select Internet Options form the drop-down menu.
Step 3: After finishing the above steps, Internet Options window will be opened. From the "Internet Options" window, select General tab.
Step 4: Under the part Browsing History, click on Delete... option.
Step 5: After the above steps, Delete Browsing History window will be opened.Here, you will find Delete cookies... under Cookies section. Click on Delete cookies...
Step 6: When you click Delete cookies...,a confirmation window will be appeared asking you Are you sure you want to delete all cookies in the Temporary Internet Files folder? and offers you two option. Click the option Yes to delete all the cookies form your Internet Explorer browser.
By following the above steps, you can easily delete all the cookies form Internet Explorer.
Deleting a specific types of cookie
Sometimes, you don't want to delete all the cookies form the Internet Explorer. For this type of situation, there is another way to delete specific types of cookie. To do this, follow the following steps:
- Select Tools and form the drop-down menu select Internet Options.
- Select General tab and then select Settings under Browsing history area. Temporary Internet Files and History Settings window will be opened and select View files option.
- Now, Temporary Internet Files window will be opened and there you will find lots of files which are the cookie files. Select the cookies you want to delete and delete them.
By following the above steps, you can delete the specific cooki which you don't want to preserver Internet Explorer.
© Written by rancidTaste
Browser Related Topics
- Amazing Firefox Extensions: Improve your Productivit...
- Optimizing FireFox Tips, Hacks And Tweaks
- Optimizing Internet Explorer Tips, Tricks, Hacks An...
- Surfing Internet Through Windows Calculator: How to ...
- Firefox Shortcuts : Keyboard Shortcuts for Mozilla F...
- How do I delete bookmarks from Firefox browser
- Optimizing Google Chrome Tips, Hacks And Tweaks