Did You Get Your FaceBook Event Invitation? How to Change Your Feed
Friends Helping Friends On FaceBook
The FaceBook Non-Event
April 4, 2011 Day 4 of the Hubpages Challenge
I wish that I had taken a tape recorder along with me all day to take some dictation. When you do a 30-day challenge, your mind continually turns round and round about what you will write, the topic for the day, how it relates to your other hubs, the format, photos and even videos that can be included to beef up the article and provide a complete experience for the reader.
Usually something unexpected happens, as you will see in today's story. I'm saving a fun one for tomorrow because I received a FaceBook invitation to an event that was a non-event.
All you FaceBookers ~ Read about it below.
Have You Updated Your FaceBook Today?
As FaceBook Makes Changes Without Notifying Members You Have To Get The New From Friends
I Was Invited, Were You?
I received an invitation to an event in FaceBook. Only, it was not the usual kind of event, like a workshop, an on-line teleconference, a FaceBook party, an invitation to join a group or anything like that.
Someone figured out that the best way to notify a large number of people about an important piece of invitation was to create an Event, send out the news, and let it go from there as a chain of events, messaging one person to the next. Everyone inviting their friends and thus, we all know what to do to update our FaceBook page.
Probably, this method was used because with the FaceBook change people could not read a regular update status anymore. Read on...
THIS IS THE FACEBOOK EVENT MESSAGE
PLEASE READ - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO EVERYONE WHO USES FACEBOOK FOR BUSINESS OR PERSONAL REASONS!!
Forgive the invite. This is not really an "invitation", so no real need to press "attend" - Facebook likes to make changes and not really tell everyone. This is an easy way to get the word out - and currently the only way to assure that everyone can see it.
Have you noticed that you are only seeing updates in your newsfeed from the same people lately? Have you also noticed that when you post things like status messages, photos and links, the same circle of people are commenting and everyone else seems to be ignoring you?
Don't worry, everyone still loves you and nobody has intentionally blocked you. The problem is that a large chunk of your friend/fan list can't see anything you post and here's why:
THE NEW FACEBOOK
The "New Facebook" has a newsfeed setting that by default is automatically set to show ONLY posts from people who you've recently interacted with or interacted the most with (which would be limited to the couple of weeks just before people started switching to the new profile). So in other words, for both business and personal pages, unless your friends/fans commented on one of your posts within those few weeks or vice versa - you are now invisible to them and they are invisible to you!!
THE FIX - Go To The Top of Your Page Click "MOST RECENT"
CHOOSE "EDIT OPTIONS" IN YOUR DROPDOWN LISTS
FaceBook for Dummies
New and Improved FaceBook
HERE'S THE FIX: On the homepage click the "Most Recent" title on the right of the Newsfeed, then click on the drop down arrow beside it and select "Edit Options", click on "Show Posts From" and change the setting to "All Of Your Friends and Pages" (you can also access the "Edit Options" link at the very bottom of the facebook homepage on the right) Note: Business pages do not have a newsfeed however page owners should adjust the settings on their personal accounts.
The good news is: now you can now view all of your friends and fans again. The bad news is: YOU ARE STILL INVISIBLE to a large portion of your list. You must get the word out to ALL of your friends and fans by inviting them to this event or creating one of your own so they can read the post and adjust their settings. To invite your friends: Click on "Attending" at the top and then you will see an option to invite your friends at the top left. It’s public so everyone who logs onto facebook can view it and even the friends who can’t see your posts WILL see the event invitation. You can also tweet about it, create a blog post or send out an email to your subscribers in hopes of reaching them all.
Click and Select "ALL FRIENDS AND PAGES." Don't forget to SAVE
BONUS TUTORIALS - Two Part Video
Below watch these two tutorials to learn about how to make FaceBook Friends Lists if you haven't done so already. Lots of TIPS you may not have known about.
FaceBook Privacy Friends List Tutorial
FaceBook Friends List Privacy Tutorial Part 2
How To Add A Live Chat From LinkedIn To FaceBook
Do you know that you can add a direct link to your chat to your LinkedIn personal profile?
1. Click Profile / Edit Profile… on LinkedIn
2. Click Edit next to 'Additional Information' section
3. In 'Websites' block choose 'Other:' from a dropdown list
4. Type the title you wish to be displayed in 'Website Title' field (something like 'Chat live with me!')
5. Paste the direct link to your chat messenger into 'URL' field
Use this link: http://www.facebook.com/presence/popout.php
6. Save changes
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM is the founder of HomeopathyWorldCommunity. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider
- If You Enjoy Hubpages You may want to Join Now.
I stumbled this page