List of Google Programs, Products & Services
Google is one of the biggest and most powerful companies in the world. From machine learning, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, to virtual reality, smart-phones, laptops and even smart-home devices and self-driving cars. They're always experimenting, researching, and developing new hardware products and gadgets to help both big and small businesses grow , and to make life easier for everyone globally.
Google Name and History: American computer scientists and internet entrepreneurs Larry Page and Sergey Brin were at Stanford University in California, the U.S. They created a search engine called 'Back Rub' and needed a new name. After lots of thinking, they went with Google - a play on the word “googol,” the mathematical number 1 followed by 100 zeros.
A - B - C
Google Name. Information. Release/Launch Date.
- AdMob. Generate revenue from you mobile apps. Multiple formats to suit your app needs. 2006.
- AlphaGo Zero. A program designed by Google's DeepMind's artificial development division.Self-learning Artificial intelligence 2015.
- AdSense. Generate revenue from your blog's and website with the most popular and trusted revenue generating program on the web. 2003.
- Adwords. Create ads and keywords. For websites and blogs. Advertise to an audience that is already interested in your product. 2000.
- AdWords Express. Get more customers with easy advertising. Set up your online ad in 15 minutes and let Google do the rest.
- Alerts. Specify a topic and receive email updates when news breaks on any news you want. Alerts automatically notify you when Google has anything new to offer. 2003.
- Alphabet. Alphabet was created to restructure Google by moving subsidiaries from Google to Alphabet, narrowing Google's scope. 2010.
- Analytics. A useful tool to help you learn even more about your website or blog visitors, and how they interact with your site. 2005.
- Analytics 360 Studio offers powerful and integrated marketing and makes it easy to create dynamic reports. 2015.
- App Store. Games, news, fitness & more! Transport apps. Video apps. Entertainment, business, finance, health & fitness, social, sports, weather, widgets and more.
- Arts And Culture. Explore up-close artefacts and artwork from over 1000 museums from around the world. 2011.
- Assistant. Installed in various hardware devices. A virtual personal assistant that can engage in conversations with its voice-activated speaker. 2016.
- Audio Indexing. (GAudi). Widget for iGoogle which indexes politicians audio at YouTube. 2008.
- Base. Google 'Merchant' Centre has replaced Google Base. 2006.
- Big Picture Group. Google explores how information visualisation can make complex data accessible, handy and fun. 2013.
- Blogger. Free web-page/blog you can create with no PC skills. Used by amateurs and pros alike. Plus, free web hosting. 1999.
- Book Search. Search for the full text of books of all genres. Worlds Most comprehensive list. 2004.
- Google Brain. Deep learning artificial intelligence research to make machines intelligent and Improve people's lives. 2010.
- Business Solutions. Attract new customers with your free Google listing. Show your opening hours, phone number and directions on Google Search and Maps. 2014.
- Calendar. Organize your schedule and share events with friends. keep track of all the events in your life, coordinate schedules with friends and family, and find new things to do. 2006.
Camera. Software to make take great pictures on Nexus phones running Android 6.0 and above. 2014.
- Cardboard. A virtual reality fold-out cardboard viewer designed to be used with smart phones.2014.
- Careers. An opportunity to work with Google. From sales support, to engineering.
- ChromeBook. Easy to use laptop. Virus protection built in and a long-life battery.
- Chrome Browser. Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer and easier. 2008.
- ChromeCast. A small dongle style gadget which lets you enjoy online video, music and anything from the web on your TV. Plug it into any HDTV. 2014.
- Cloud Platform. Build and host applications and websites, store data, and analyse data on Google's scalable infrastructure. Future-Proof Infrastructure. 2011.
- Code Jam. An international programming competition hosted and administered by Google. To identify top engineering talent for potential employment at Google. 2003.
- Contact Lens is a wireless chip and a miniaturized glucose sensor in lenses. It aims to assist people with diabetes by constantly measuring the glucose levels in their tears. Chip & antenna receives power and sends info. 2014.
- Crisis Map. To notify everyone about up n coming weather, hazards, and emergency preparedness. 2012.
- Crowdsource. Help Google get better by doing microtasks.
- Custom Search. Create a customised search experience for your community. With Custom Search Engine, you can harness the power of Google to create a search engine tailored to your needs. 2006.
Google's first doodle was a Burning Man stick figure.
Google leads the way in innovative and advanced technology and business solutions. They work alongside research lab experts, engineers, computer programmers, designers, finance and business strategists, among a plethora of other professions.
D - E - F - G
- Dart is a programming language developed by Google as the language of modern web app. 2011.
- Dashboard Widgets. Customise your dashboards and widgets for Mac OS X dashboard. 2006.
- Data Studios. Turn your data into informative reports and dashboards that are easy to read, easy to share, and fully customisable. 2016.
- Daydream View. VR headset. Travel anywhere and everywhere in virtual reality. 2016.
- DeepMind. DeepMind is the world leader in artificial intelligence, research and its application for positive impact. Behind both versions of Alpha Go, and Alpha Go Zero. 2014.
- Dictionary. On-line dictionary service of that can be accessed by using the 'define' operator in Google Search. 2010.
- Digital Garage. Online courses, designed for you to grow your career or business. Choose your course, register, and start learning today. 2015.
- Docs. Create basic documents from scratch, including making bullet lists, sorting by columns, adding tables, images, comments, formulas, changing fonts and more. 2007.
- Doodle. Google redesigns their Google 'logo' to commemorate, celebrate or remember an occasion, person, or special event. 1998.
- DoubleClick for Publishers. Make the most of your ads and grow revenue on all screens, with innovative ad formats that work in every sales channel.
- Drive. Access all your stuff wherever you are on the web, at home, or in the office and on the go. 2012.
- Google Duplex: Google's ideas and investments over the years in natural language. understanding, deep-learning and text-to-speech. Teaching artificial intelligence (A.I) to interact with people naturally and seamlessly.
- Earth. Google Earth combines Google search with satellite imagery, maps, terrain and 3D buildings to put the world at your fingertips. Google Earth Pro is now free. 2001.
- Easter Eggs. Search for virtual Easter eggs hidden inside things such as a movie, book, DVD, CD, computer program, video game or web page. 2000.
- Endangered Languages Project. Access and research endangered languages. 2012.
- Expeditions. Ideal for Schools and education. Explore in virtual reality anywhere. From coral reefs to planet Mars. 2015.
- Family Link App. Ideal for parents who want to to set digital ground rules to their children while they play, learn and search online. 2019.
- Feed Burner provides services for blogs and RSS feeds. Web-based tools. Extensive feed and blog advertising network to help publishers and podcasters to promote, deliver and monetise content on the Web. 2004.
- Fiber. Google's broadband & TV service. The USA only. 2010.
- Finance. Features business and enterprise headlines for many corporations. includes financial decisions. News events. Stock information and interactive charts. 2006.
- Forms. Create online surveys and quizzes and send them to other people, then analyse the results. 2006.
- Google Fridge. A website enabling anyone to set up a lightweight, single-serving social network and organize their private online groups.
- Glass. Wearable headset/glasses with a viewable computer display. Controlled by a touch-pad built into the side of device. 2013.
- Global Advertiser. Powerful marketing and translation tools to reach the billions of internet users.
- GMail. Free Email. Efficient, and useful. Lots of storage, less spam, and mobile access. 2004.
- Groups. Online discussion, or over email. Create rich, custom pages. Customise looks and graphics. 2001.
- G Suite. Reach your colleagues wherever they are. Store files and find what you need, instantly. Everything you need to bring your project to life. Manage users, devices and data securely and easily. Use shared calendars to see when others are available. Schedule meetings with automatic email invitations and video conference. Work with colleagues wherever they are.
Google helps the disabled, blind and deaf, and work continuously and relentlessly in developing new ways to treat cancers, diseases to make life safer and easier for everyone, including those in 3rd World countries.
H - I - J - K - L - M
- Hang Outs. Hangout on air with. Share and record live group discussions on air to a global audience. 2013.
- Health. Puts you in charge of your health information. Organize your medical records from doctors, hospitals and pharmacies. 2008.
- Home. A hands-free smart speaker to control your home. Ask it any question and get answers for directions, recipes and reminders. Voice control your music and smart devices. Works with Chrome-cast, Nest. 2017.
- Home Mini. Hands-free help from Google Assistance. 2017.
- Home Hub. Hands-free Google assistance plus a display screen. 2018.
- Hummingbird was a search algorithm used by Google. 2013.
- Image Labeller is a feature of Google Search that allows you to label images to help improve the quality of Google's image search results. 2006.
- Images. Search for almost every image and photographs that are available on the web. 2001.
- Latitude. See via a where your friends are, and what they're up to, Contact them with SMS, IM, or phone-call. 2013.
- Maps. Get directions, and search for local businesses and services. 2005. New feature in Google Maps called "crowdedness predictions" which will tell you how busy your bus or train will be. 2005.
- Maps for mobile. Never get lost again. View maps, and get directions on your phone via GPS. 2019.
- Mars. View some of the most detailed maps of Mars created by NASA scientists. 2006.
- Merchant Center. A tool that helps you upload your shop and product data to Google and make it available to Google Shopping and other Google services
- Mobile - Cell. Lots of useful apps for your Google Nexus and other Android devices.
- Moderator: Collaborative Q&As for group events to help keep discussions on track by allowing users to both suggest questions and vote on others questions. 2008.
- Moon. Similar to Google Earth. Instead, explores and take a tour of the moon. 2005.
- Music Timeline. See how different musical genres have become popular over time, and discover artists in each genre.
- My Activity. Find your search history, browsing history, and other activity that's saved to your Google Account.
Google - Year in Search - 2018
Google's parent company Alphabet is never far from the top 5 most valuable companies in the world. Alphabet was prompted by a desire to make the core Google Internet services business "cleaner and more accountable" while allowing greater autonomy to group companies that operate in businesses other than Internet services.
N - O - P - Q
- Ngram Viewer lets you search keywords in millions of books.
- Nest Cam. Indoor and outdoor cams with a built-in mic and speaker so that you can hear what’s going on and talk back using the Nest app. 2018.
- News. Now with an archive, search thousands of news stories. 2002.
- Nexus. A line of consumer electronic devices that run the Android operating system. 2010.
- Ocean Layer. Dive beneath the surface and explore the ocean with top marine experts. Discover new places including surf, dive and shipwrecks. 2010.
- Page Rank Checker. An algorithm used by Google search to rank websites in their search engine results. Check the page rank of any websites or blog. 1998.
- Panda Panda was a change to Google's search results ranking algorithm that was first released in 2011.
- Penguin launched this update to better catch sites deemed to be spamming its search results. 2012.
- Patent Search. A search engine designed to index all US patents and patent applications. 2006.
- Penguin is a code word which Google used when they decided to update their algorithms to stop websites who use illegitimate tactics to get highly ranked by search engines. 2012.
- Person Finder. helps people reconnect with friends and loved ones in the aftermath of natural, and humanitarian disasters. 2010.
- Pigeon is the code name given to one of Google's local search algorithm updates. 2014.
- Pixel. A line of smart phones. Smaller and thinner design than its predecessor. Unlimited online photo storage. 2017.
- Pixel Buds. performs instant translations between any languages. 2018.
- Public Data Explorer. Search through databases from around the world, including the World Bank, OECD, Eurostat and the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Newsstand. A digital store to download apps. games, TV shows, books and movies. For Android phone's, Nexus, and Nexus tablets. 2013.
- + (Plus). Google +. A Social networking site. Share thoughts, links and photos. 2011.
- Project Loon. Project Loon are balloons travelling on the edge of space. Designed to give Internet access to people in rural, and remote areas worldwide. Announced as a Google project in 2013.
- Python Class. For people with a little bit of programming experience who want to learn Python. Includes written materials, lecture videos, and lots of code exercises.2014.
Google has affected most peoples lives in one way or another. In fact, the word Google is officially a verb according to the Oxford dictionary.
R - S - T
- Recover Together. Resources for addiction recovery in the United States. 2019.
- Reverse Image Search. Find the original source of photographs and profile pictures. 2011.
- Safe Search. A search engine designed for children to surf, view and explore the Internet safely. Plus, a Wikipedia for kids.
- Search Engine. Google's famous search engine. 1997.
- Scholar. Search scholarly literature across many disciplines from academic publishers, professional societies, universities and other web sites. Find relevant work across the world of scholarly research. 2004.
- Shopping. Search online for products, and compare prices. 2002.
- Shopping Ads. Get in front of people searching for products you sell, whether they're shopping at home or on the go.
- Slides. Create a new presentation and edit with others. Get stuff done with or without an internet connection. Edit Power Point files. Hundreds of fonts and themes. 2007.
- SOS Alerts. To inform us when a natural disaster, or other crisis hits. 2017.
- Spoon. Designed specially for people with Parkinson's disease. Google's smart spoon lets you eat without spilling. 2014.
- Stadia. On-demand streaming service for video games. Streams to games via a TV, Chromecast, Android devices and PCs with Chrome browser. 2019.
- Static Maps. Create your map, and display as an image in your apps and websites.
- Store. Shop for all kinds of Goods and accessories.
- Street View is a feature of Google Maps and Google Earth that provides 360° panoramic street-level views to allow users to view cities and their surroundings.2007.
- Suggests. As you type into the search box, Google Suggest guesses what you're typing to offer suggestions in real time. 2004.
- Surveys. Curious to know what people really think about things? Get answers fast with surveys. 2012.
- Symptom Card. Dr Google; a Google app to help searching for your symptoms of various ailments. 2017.
- Tag Manager. Quickly and easily update tags and code snippets on your website or mobile app. For traffic analysis and marketing optimisation. 2012.
- Test My Site. Test your mobile speed. Most sites lose half their visitors while loading.
- Think With Google. Marketing research and digital trends tools with data reports, articles, guides and info graphics. 2011.
- Tour Builder. Show people where you've visited, and share your experiences along the way using Google Earth. Put your story on the map. 2013.
- Translate.Translate any text or documents to a language you can understand. includes docx, .odf, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .ps, .rtf, .txt, .xls, and xlsx. 2006.
- Translate for mobile. Hover your mobile device over text for a live translation that can help you read signs and menus. 2017.
- Translate for animals. An app to help animals and humans communicate with each other. 2010.
- Trends. Enter up to five topics and see how often they've been searched. How frequently the topics have appeared in Google news stories, and in which geographic regions people have searched for them the most. 2006.
Google's first office was a rented garage.
U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Universal App Campaigns. Universal App Campaigns help you promote your iOS or Android app to billions of users across Google, all from one campaign. Let Google’s machine learning help you find the best users and make the most of your budget.
- Video. A telephony service that provides call forwarding and voice-mail services, voice and text messaging, as well as U.S. and international call termination for Google account customers. 2005.
- Voice. Stay in touch from any screen. A free number for life. Use your free number to text, call, and check voice-mail all from one app. 2009.
- Voice Access. For people with mobility problems. Helps manage and control devices using just your voice. 2018.
- Wallet. A feature for mobiles. Makes your phone your wallet to send and request money. 2011.
- Where Is My Train. India: is a train app that displays live train status and up-to-date schedules. The app can function off-line without the need of Internet or GPS. 2019.
- Web Search. A specialist search tool to help you search the billions of web documents at AAAI. 1997.
- Webmaster Tools helps web-masters and bloggers with detailed information about your website or blog, and offers tips to improve your search engine ranking. 2006.
- Wi-Fi is an enhancer that works alongside your home router and Internet provider to bring you reliable coverage. 2014.
- Wonders Of The World: Explore the 7 wonders of the world and exotic locations throughout the world. 2012.
- Wonder Wheel A graphical representation of related search terms that can help you explore your search subject and topic. Discover keywords for niche topics and categories. 2012.
- X. Google X is An American research and development facility founded by Google in January 2010.
- YouTube. View some of the best videos on the web with the biggest and best collection of videos. Submit your own videos. 2005.
- YouTube Ads. With TrueView ads, reach potential customers when they watch or search for videos on YouTube – and only pay when they show interest.
Video: An Inside Look - Working at Google
Google’s mission. To organise the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful for everyone.
Googleability. A term usually applied to private individuals rather than a company. Meaning how easy it is to trace someone.
Google Bomb: This term means to manipulate search results by exploiting the way Google counts links to misrepresent the popularity and relevance of a site.
Google Bot is the software used by Google to collect data from the web to help Google's search engine index appropriate pages.
Google Juice. To link one site from lots of others to ensure that the linked web page appears near the top of any search on a relevant subject.
Google Universe and Googleverse refer to Google's world of everything Google.
Google Whack. Is when you enter a phrase to search which results in one result.
UnGoogleable. This is quite rare when someone or something just cannot be searched for via the World Wide Web.
Google's Building Complex In Mountain View, California
Google Slogan - Don't Be Evil.
Google have only been around since 1998 and are growing fast. They spend tens of billions of dollars in research and education.
I can' wait to see what the next 20 years hold.
How Can I See My House LIVE - On The Internet? Easy! Nothing to do with Google Earth, yet very possible to see your home, live online.
© 2007 Compu-Smart