Full List of All Google Programs, Products & Services
Your One-Stop-Shop For All Google Products & Services
Google is much more than just a search engine, and advertising company. They have become one of the most powerful companies in the world, from search, applications to email, from the chrome browser and Android operating system, to YouTube. They are always experimenting, researching and developing new products to help big and small businesses with the right tools to help them grow. To make life easier for everyone everywhere.
A - Z List & Table of contents further down the page.
Google works with, and alongside Universities and research labs, engineers, NASA, and a plethora of businesses and technology companies, medical professors, designers, finance and business strategists. They lead the way in innovative and advanced technology, business solutions, machine learning, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, virtual reality, smarter homes, and self-driving cars.
Their work helps the disabled, blind, and deaf. They work continuously and relentlessly developing new ways to treat cancers, diseases, and to make life safer, and easier for everyone, including those in for 3rd World countries..Google’s mission. To organise the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful for everyone.
Google is not just about software. Hardware is their new side of business, so expect t see more of Google's hardware products such as Their Pixel phone and Chromebook laptops.
Google Name History. American computer scientists and internet entrepreneurs Larry Page and Sergey Brin were at Stanford University in California, U.S. They created a search engine called 'Back Rub' and needed a new name. After lots of thinking, they went with Google - a play on the word “googol,” the mathematical number 1 followed by 100 zeros.
Google Slogan - Don't Be Evil.
A - Z List . + Table Of Contents
- A - B - C.
- D - E - F - G.
- Video: Google - Year in Search - 2016.
- H - I - J - K - L - M.
- N - O - P - Q.
- Video: 10 Weirdest Things on Google Street View
- Video: An Inside Look at Google - Working at Google.
- R - S - T.
- Map: Building complex in Mountain View, California.
- U - V - W - X - Y - Z.
- Google Terminologies.
Google has SO much stuff, so I'm unable to write a FULL review about each one.
A - B - C.
Google Name. Information. Release/Launch/Founded Date.
- AdMob. Generate revenue from you mobile apps. Multiple formats to suit your app needs. 2006.
- AdSense. Generate revenue from your blog's and website with the most popular and trusted revenue generating program on the web. 2003.
- Adwords. Create ads and keywords. For websites and blogs. Advertise to an audience that is already interested in your product. 2000.
- Alerts. Specify a topic and receive email updates when news breaks on any news you want. Alerts automatically notify you when Google has anything new to offer. 2003.
- Analytics. A useful tool to help you learn even more about your website or blog visitors, and how they interact with your site. 2005.
- Analytics 360 Studio offers powerful and integrated marketing and makes it easy to create dynamic reports. 2015.
- Arts And Culture. Explore up-close artefacts and artwork from over 1000 museums from around the world. 2011.
- Assistant. A virtual personal assistant that can engage in conversations with its voice-activated speaker. 2016.
- Audio Indexing. (GAudi). Widget for iGoogle which indexes politicians audio at YouTube. 2008.
- Base. Google 'Merchant' Centre has replaced Google Base. 2006.
- Blogger. Free web-pages/blogs you can create with no PC skills. Used by amateurs and pros alike. Plus Free web hosting. 1999.
- Book Search. Search for the full text of books of all genres. Worlds Most comprehensive list. 2004.
- Business. Attract new customers with your free Google listing. Google My Business makes it easy to create and update your listing. 2014.
- Calendar. Organize your schedule and share events with friends. keep track of all the events in your life, coordinate schedules with friends and family, and find new things to do. 2006.
Camera. Software to make take great pictures on Nexus phones running Android 6.0 and above. 2014.
- Cardboard. A virtual reality fold-out cardboard viewer designed to be used with smart phones.2014.
- Careers. An opportunity to work with Google. From sales support, to engineering.
- ChromeBook. Easy to use laptop. Virus protection built in and a long-life battery.
- Chrome Browser. Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer and easier. 2008.
- ChromeCast. A small dongle style gadget which lets you enjoy online video, music and anything from the web on your TV. Plug it into any HDTV. 2014.
- Code Jam. An international programming competition hosted and administered by Google. To identify top engineering talent for potential employment at Google. 2003.
- Contact Lens is a wireless chip and a miniaturized glucose sensor in lenses. It aims to assist people with diabetes by constantly measuring the glucose levels in their tears. 2014.
- Crisis Map. To notify everyone about up n coming weather, hazards, and emergency preparedness. 2012.
- Crowdsource. Help Google get better by doing microtasks.
- Custom Search. Create a customised search experience for your community. With Custom Search Engine, you can harness the power of Google to create a search engine tailored to your needs. 2006.
D - E - F - G
- Dashboard Widgets. Customise your dashboards and widgets for Mac OS X dashboard. 2006.
- Data Studios. Turn your data into informative reports and dashboards that are easy to read, easy to share, and fully customisable. 2016.
- Daydream View. VR headset. Travel anywhere and everywhere in virtual reality. 2016.
- DeepMind. In collaboration with Google. DeepMind is the world leader in artificial intelligence, research and its application for positive impact. Acquired by Google in 2014.
- Docs. Create basic documents from scratch, including making bulleted lists, sorting by columns, adding tables, images, comments, formulas, changing fonts and more. 2007.
- Doodle. Google redesigns their Google 'logo' to commemorate, celebrate or remember an occasion, person, or special event. 1998.
- Drive. Access all your stuff wherever you are on the web, at home, or in the office and on the go. 2012.
- Earth. Google Earth combines the of Google search with satellite imagery, maps, terrain and 3D buildings to put the world at your fingertips. Google Earth Pro is now free. 2001.
- Easter Eggs. Search for virtual Easter eggs hidden inside things such as a movie, book, DVD, CD, computer program, video game or web page. 2000.
- Endangered Languages Project. Access and research endangered languages. 2012.
- Experimental Search.Track your online events, online purchases and reservations from Google services you use such as Google Drive, Google Calendar, and Gmail. 2004.
- Expeditions. Ideal for Schools and education. Explore in virtual reality anywhere. From coral reefs to planet Mars. 2015.
- Feed Burner provides services for blogs and RSS feeds. Web-based tools. Extensive feed and blog advertising network to help publishers and podcasters to promote, deliver and monetise content on the Web. 2004.
- Fiber. Google's broadband & TV service. The USA only. 2010.
- Finance. Features business and enterprise headlines for many corporations. includes financial decisions. News events. Stock information and interactive charts. 2006.
- Forms. Create online surveys and quizzes and send them to other people, then analyse the results. 2006.
- Glass. Wearable headset/glasses with a viewable computer display. Controlled by a touchpad built into the side of device. 2013.
- Global Advertiser. Powerful marketing and translation tools to reach the billions of internet users.
- GMail. Free Email. Efficient, and useful. Lots of storage, less spam, and mobile access. 2004.
- Groups. Online discussion, or over email. Create rich, custom pages. Customise looks and graphics. 2001.
- G-Suite. Share calendars, schedule meetings and video conference. Work colleagues wherever they are. 2006.
Google - Year in Search - 2016
H - I - J - K - L - M
- Hang Outs. Hangout on air with. Share and record live group discussions on air to a global audience. 2013.
- Health. Puts you in charge of your health information. Organize your medical records from doctors, hospitals and pharmacies. 2008.
- Home Mini. Hands-free smart speaker. Ask questions. Get help. 2016.
- Hummingbird is a search algorithm used by Google. 2013.
- Image Labeller is a feature of Google Search that allows you to label images to help improve the quality of Google's image search results. 2006.
- Images. Search for almost every image and photographs that are available on the web. 2001.
- Latitude. See via a where your friends are, and what they're up to, Contact them with SMS, IM, or phone-call. 2013.
- Maps. Get directions, and search for local businesses and services. 2005.
- Maps for mobile. Never get lost again. View maps, and get directions on your phone via GPS. 2008.
- Mars. View some of the most detailed maps of Mars created by NASA scientists. 2006..
- Merchant Center. A tool that helps you upload your shop and product data to Google and make it available to Google Shopping and other Google services
- Mobile - Cell. Lots of useful apps for your Google Nexus and other Android devices.
- Moderator: Collaborative Q&As for group events to help keep discussions on track by allowing users to both suggest questions and vote on others questions. 2008.
- Moon. Similar to Google Earth. Instead, explores and take a tour of the moon. 2005.
- My Activity. Find your search history, browsing history, and other activity that's saved to your Google Account.
N - O - P - Q
- News. Now with an archive, search thousands of news stories. 2002.
- Nexus. A line of consumer electronic devices that run the Android operating system. 2010.
- Ocean Layer. Dive beneath the surface and explore the ocean with top marine experts. Discover new places including surf, dive and shipwrecks. 2010.
- Page Rank Checker. An algorithm used by Google search to rank websites in their search engine results. Check the page rank of any websites or blog. 1998.
- Panda Panda was a change to Google's search results ranking algorithm that was first released in 2011.
- Penguin launched this update to better catch sites deemed to be spamming its search results. 2012.
- Patent. A search engine designed to index all US patents and patent applications. 2006.
- Penguin is a code word which Google used when they decided to update their algorithms to stop websites who use illegitimate tactics to get highly ranked by search engines. 2012.
- Person Finder. helps people reconnect with friends and loved ones in the aftermath of natural, and humanitarian disasters. 2010.
- Pigeon is the code name given to one of Google's local search algorithm updates. 2014.
- Pixel. A smartphone with a battery that lasts. Plus, unlimited storage. 2016.
- Pixel 2. A Smaller and thinner design than its predecessor. 2017.
- Play Newsstand. A digital store to download apps. games, TV shows, books and movies. For Android phone's, Nexus, and Nexus tablets. 2013.
- + (Plus). Google +. A Social networking site. Share thoughts, links and photos. 2011.
- Project Loon. Project Loon are balloons travelling on the edge of space. Designed to give Internet access to people in rural, and remote areas worldwide. Announced as a Google project in 2013.
Google's Building Complex In Mountain View, California
R - S - T
- Reverse Image Search. Find the original source of photographs and profile pictures. 2011.
- Search Engine. Google's famous search engine. 1997.
- Scholar. Search scholarly literature from one place. 2004.
- Shopping. Search online for products, and compare prices. 2002.
- Slides. Create a new presentation and edit with others. Get stuff done with or without an internet connection. Edit Power Point files. Hundreds of fonts and themes. 2007.
- SMS. Send and receive SMS text messages free from your Gmail. 2007.
- SOS Alerts. To inform us when a natural disaster, or other crisis hits. 2017.
- Spoon. Designed specially for people with Parkinson's disease. Google's smart spoon lets you eat without spilling. 2014.
- Store. Shop for all kinds of Goods and accessories.
- Street View is a feature of Google Maps and Google Earth that provides 360° panoramic street-level views to allow users to view cities and their surroundings. 2007.
- Suggests. As you type into the search box, Google Suggest guesses what you're typing to offer suggestions in real time. 2004.
- Surveys. Curious to know what people really think about things? Get answers fast with surveys. 2012.
- Tag Manager. Quickly and easily update tags and code snippets on your website or mobile app. For traffic analysis and marketing optimisation. 2012.
- Tango. See more of your world with your phone and watch as virtual objects and information appear on top of your surroundings.
- Translate.Translate any blog or web page to a language you understand. 2006.
- Translate for animals. An app to help animals and humans to communicate with each other. 2010.
- Trends. Enter up to five topics and see how often they've been searched, how frequently the topics have appeared in Google News stories, and in which geographic regions people have searched for them most. 2006.
U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Video. Search for videos on Google Video and YouTube. 2005.
- Voice. Stay in touch from any screen. Use your free number to text, call, and check voicemail - all from one app. 2009.
- Wallet. A feature for mobiles. Makes your phone your wallet to send and request money. 2011.
- Web Search. A specialist search tool to help you search the billions of web documents at AAAI. 1997.
- Webmaster Tools helps webmasters and bloggers with detailed information about your website or blog, and offers tips to improve your search engine ranking. 2006.
- Wi-Fi is an enhancer that works alongside your home router and Internet provider to bring you reliable coverage. 2014.
- Wonders Of The World: Explore the 7 wonders of the world and exotic locations throughout the world. 2012.
- Wonder Wheel A graphical representation of related search terms that can help you explore your search subject and topic. Discover keywords for niche topics and categories. 2012.
- X. Google X is An American research and development facility founded by Google in January 2010.
- YouTube. View some of the best videos on the web with the biggest and best collection of videos. Submit your own videos. 2005.
Video: An Inside Look - Working at Google
Googleability. A term usually applied to private individuals rather than a company. Meaning how easy it is to trace someone.
Google Bomb: This term means to manipulate search results by exploiting the way Google counts links to misrepresent the popularity and relevance of a site.
Google Bot is the software used by Google to collect data from the web to help Google's search engine index appropriate pages.
Google Juice. To link one site from lots of others to ensure that the linked web page appears near the top of any search on a relevant subject.
Google Universe and Googleverse refer to Google's world of everything Google.
Google Whack. Is when you enter a phrase to search which results in one result.
UnGoogleable. This is quite rare when someone or something just cannot be searched for via the World Wide Web.
There you have it. More Google products than you could have imagined. Perhaps you've discovered something you never thought you need, or you've found a another solution to enhance your personal life or business. You can be sure with Google, a Worldwide trusted company, you'll always be in good hands.
After using Google products for over 20 years, life would be very different without them.
Anything missing? - please comment below.
© 2007 Compu-Smart