Does Kindle Fire HD work well in Africa?
Using Kindle fire hd in Nigeria
After reading a lot of hype and reviews about Amazon's latest tablet version - The Kindle fire hd, and having followed the kindle revolution for so long, almost religiously, I decided that it was time to get a Kindle for myself, even though I live in Nigeria, West Africa.
One question a lot of people in Africa would want to know about the kindle or rather the latest Kindle fire hd is "Whether it would be useful in Africa?. "Does Amazon offer support for Kindle fire users in Africa?".
Well one way to find out the extent of services and satisfaction one can gain from using the Kindle fire hd here in Africa, particularly Nigeria is to simply get one and use it.
I got my 7 inch Kindle fire hd after about 7 days of ordering on Amazon using a mail forwarding service and have been using it in Nigeria. It may not offer the service serivices or benefits in Africa as it would offer it the user was in the USA or UK and so this is my review of using the Kindle fire in Nigeria, West Africa and I guess it would be similar to what is obtainable in other parts of Africa.
Things you can do with Kindle Fire HD in Nigeria, West Africa
- Copy and Listen to stored music such as mp3
- Copy and Watch stored videos in formats such as MP4, 3GP and VP8
- Copy and read computers documents like DOC, DOCX and PDF
- Browse the internet using a Wireless connection
- Copy and View stored pictures in a gallery in formats like JPEG, GIF, PNG and BMP
- Do online shopping
- Install Android games from Non-Amazon sites
Things you cannot do with Amazon Kindle fire hd in Nigeria
- Borrow books from Amazon library
- Access to instant movie and video streaming
- Cloud based support
- Free 2 day shipping
Well, I think as far as it can do the basic things which Africans use computers for such as browsing the web, getting entertained and reading documents, it's an ok tablet to have and I'm loving it!