Download WhatsApp for Computer (Windows PC)
Running WhatsApp on Computer Through BlueStacks
WhatsApp is the most popular mobile messaging today. Some of our carrier providers has included WhatsApp on their promotion packet. I still remember this slogan: "Buy this packet and free WhatsApp for a year". They selling their SMS rate but giving WhatsApp for free, and for a year. That's interesting.
I can say getting whatsapp on smartphone is as important as getting SMS for free. The problem is not everyone has this app on their phone. And also, i only have this phone, nokia with monophonic ringtone with a monochrome display. My bad, i have a motto that kinda useless for today : "A phone is supposed to be a calling and messaging devices, if you need internet, use a computer - me@2009". So the point is, i don't have a smartphone and i want WhatsApp.
Fortunately we have this godly service, called Google. Search something in there and you'll get it. My simple question was "How to get whatsapp for pc". I've got so many results, links and also videos which many of them has the same common answer. "No, there is no such application for PC, but you can use Android emulator".
Now the question arrive to "Which emulator?". My search come to 2 option that is YouWave and BlueStacks.
YouWave: Is a pure Android emulated on windows. Just like running Android devices but inside windows (Unfortunately this is a 10 days trial software).
BlueStacks: Is an Android apps player. They focus only on getting Android apps playable on PC and Mac OS (Unfortunately they only free while on Beta, just hope they stay on beta forever :D ).
I installed BlueStacks at first try, and somehow liked this software already. So i decided to run this WhatsApp through BlueStacks.
"Wait, what about YouWave?". Well, i saw their screenshots, and i also read their description especially on download section. I guess i'll try this software later.
Now, getting WhatsApp on our computer on 3 steps.
1st: Install BlueStacks
There is no special configuration on BlueStacks installation, simply download from its official website, double click the setup and then wait until process complete.
2nd: Install WhatsApp
- Run BlueStacks. On main menu search WhatsApp through apps search.
- You will see several apps listed on result including WhatsApp Messenger, click Install.
- On app store selection, choose download from 1media (the 1st column).
- Now that WhatsApp installed, run this App to start registration process. You'll be asked for a phone number, fill it with your current phone number and don't forget to select country.
- This app was designed for phone, it will then check for incoming SMS which is their activation code. It will keep scanning until timeout and an activation box appear.
- If sms verification failed, you will be asked to verify through phone call.
- Listen carefully for 6 digit activation code. Type the code into activation WhatsApp activation box.
- It is ready now.
Happy messaging, and have fun.
Have any though, please say some and please be nice :D since i'm not an English expert (psst... Google translate help me to say those above, please don't tell anyone!!)
Watch the video
- WhatsApp :: Home
WhatsApp Messenger :: cross-platform mobile messaging app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia. Send text, video, images, audio for free.
- Run Mobile Apps on Windows PC or Mac with BlueStacks | Android App Player
Download Bluestacks here and run up to 750,000 Mobile Apps on Windows or Mac
- WhatsApp on Windows 7
Install WhatsApp on windows 7