Top Easy Ways for PC Repair - Problems and Solutions
Most PC users easily get frustrated when PC problems occur. Now, this article Top Easy Ways for PC Repair - Problems and Solutions will be able to help you. Most PC problems are resolved easily if you just calm down, take a deep breath and read some PC troubleshooting that will be mentioned in this hub.
Do not panic and do not apply troubleshooting on some computer myths known in the computer world these days. There are many myths in PC repair that may lead you to spend money for a replacement of expensive PC parts, buy new pc software programs, harm your personal computer, corrupt your computer program or even buy a new PC.
By knowing how to deal with PC problems, we can minimize expenses or even not spending a penny at all.
It will be discussed below as we continue to act solutions on a particular PC trouble that may arise.
Think before you act
In everything you do, think before you act. This is for your own safety and security. As I said, do not panic. Think, think and think before applying the first step to solve the problem.
There are many available PC troubleshooting discussions and explanation below to help you find the best solution for your PC problems. All you need to do is read carefully and apply the procedure step by step.
*Note that the ideas mentioned are easy approaches or quick repair only. Watch out for proper explanation of each idea in the coming hubs.
PC is not turning on
There are many factors that affect the unpowered PC. Review the following quick repair ideas:
1. Main power cord wire is not properly plugged in. We might not notice from time to time that we unintentionally hit, pull out or disconnect the power cord from the CPU to the AVR or automatic voltage regulator. Insert it properly for strong and fix power.
2. Check all wires. To be sure with the cause of the problem on number one, it is better to check all wires.
3. Overheating. The CPU inside has the ability to detect overheating of CPU electronic devices to prevent excessive harm on any of the electronic devices inside, thus, CPU disable to let your PC to turn on until heat decreases. Later, you can turn on the PC again.
4. Power button problem. This is not common but you can try opening your CPU carefully and slowly and check if the power button inside is touching the main button inside. You can use small flash light for clearer view.
5.BIOS or motherboard batteryproblem.This is very strange because you might not notice this PC problem. If you turn on the CPU, light comes out and then after few seconds it will turn off. The best thing is to check the voltage of the button battery found just right at the motherboard. Replace battery if needed. Another way is to remove the battery for 10 minutes and place it again on the slot. Do not reverse the positive and the negative sign. Usually, the positive is at front facing out.
6. CPU Power Supply problem. Three to four years labored use of power supply is the normal operating limit. In some cases, if the power supply is too old enough, turning the PC on is impossible especially if the power supply is labored too much. Labored means too much power is withdrawn from the power supply to be supplied to the additional devices like USB devices, Video card, memories, etc.
Internet Connection Problem - No Network Function
We have cited few quick repair ideas here to repair internet connection problem. Observe carefully the ways discussed below.
1. Check and trace your billing. You might forget to pay or missed the exact cut-off date for bills payment.
2. Call the ISP or Internet Service Provider for assistance. This is a simple move but mostly forgotten. They can instruct you with proper procedure to repair internet connection problem.
3. Reset the modem to clear the internet path. Resetting is another way of clearing the modem and reconnect to a new IP address to a network provider especially if you have dynamic IP address.
4. Low Voltage Output. This is a very simple problem but very difficult to determine. If your modem suddenly shuts off with only red LED light lighting up then you have low voltage output problem.
Another instance: if you reset your modem, it will come again like normal function and suddenly stops, then you have low voltage output. ISP provider never knows this simple problem. Try check the connection from the electrical wiring provided in your household or just simply change another house electrical outlet.
5. Modem is fine but the monitor icon on the lower right corner of your computer monitor has red X with it. This is common problem with the LAN wire or the local area network wire. Check the LAN wire connected from your modem to your CPU and insert it properly.
Remove and place it again with a tick sound which means it is properly inserted. If LAN wire seem to have a problem, check each color code using multi-tester or continuity tester. LAN wire has 8 small wires inside.
6. Modem is fine but the monitor icon on the lower right corner of your computer monitor has a small yellow triangle with exclamation point. This has been a day to day problem with internet users. Resetting the modem is best for this. Next is to unplug and plug the LAN cable/wire. Another way is to uninstall the network adapter and restart your PC and install it again. Type "network adapter" or "network connections" in your search to find the network adapter icon and right click the icon, then click uninstall. Restart the PC.
How often do you encounter PC problems?
CPU is functioning but Monitor does not show up
Here are the available quick repair ideas:
1. Check and insert the VGA cable properly from the back of your PC monitor and to the back of your CPU, at the video card slot or the motherboard VGA slot. VGA cable is the one with the blue end to end tip with 9 pins seen just by looking at the tip of it. This blue plug corresponds also to the blue female 9 pins at the back of your monitor and the back of your CPU.
2. Improper shutdown may cause this problem. Restart your PC and press F8 and select Safe Mode. Let it load for few minutes and just restart PC without touching anything.
3. Try replacing your video card. Some video cards are faulty due to frequent use. But before changing your video card, try borrowing and testing same video card from your friends just to be sure you are not wasting your money.
4. Flash your motherboard. Many have tried this one and they were successful. Do it by removing the motherboard button battery for few minutes and place it again. Restart your PC.
How to Retrieve Deleted Files from USB flash Drive
The best thing here is to download a program called, Undelete. This is my experience and so far, 99 percent of my files were recovered.