Effects of cellphone/mobile phone use on brain and memory
What would you do to keep yourself safe from cell phone radiation?
How cell phones affect our health?
Yes cell phones affect our memory, as there have been recent studies and researches done on animals kept in laboratories that have shown ill effects of mobile phone radiations on their memory. Cell phone radiation caused leaks in the brain tissues of rats that were exposed to this radiation for a test trial. Though we cannot avoid using cell phones, as they have become a necessity, one thing which we can do is use a hands-free to avoid direct radiation.
Do mobile phones harm brain tissues and cause cancer?
There is an argument that mobile phone causes change in the structure of chemicals of cells. Also, they are accused of causing cancer. The radiation from the mobile phones has been villainized by those who warn that the excess usage of mobile phones can damage brain cells. The heat produced by the radiation from mobile phones has been found to change the chemical structure of chemicals synthesized in small organisms like worms. But many scientists are of opinion that the radiation cannot be harmful to human tissues. A recent report says that so far there is no evidence of any adverse effect by mobile phone radiations, but they added that new researches have to be conducted.
Recently, I have observed some serious effects of mobile phone radiation on brain. In brain, hippocampus is understood to be responsible for learning and memory. In order to confirm this, we have carried out investigations on the whole brain, hippocampus, and remaining brain. This was undertaken to determine the possible site of the electromagnetic field (EMF) bio-interaction. We have concluded that these radiations may damage our nervous system, especially memory. This has been done by protein kinase C activity and DNA strand break, which has been affected by mobile phone radiations.
Anyway it is better to prevent kids from using mobile phones excessively because their brain tissues are more vulnerable to chemical changes and cancer if exposed to radiation.
When you try to call someone through mobile phone, do not put your mobile closer to your ears until the recipient answers. Because directly after dialing the mobile phone, it would use its maximum signaling power, which is 2 watts which is equal to 33 dbi. Please be careful. Message as received (Save your brain. Please use your left ear while using cell (mobile), because if you use the right one, it will affect the brain directly. This is a true fact from many researches performed by the medical teams around the world.
Mobile Cell Phone Microwave Radiation Hazards
Cell phones have become a prime concern in today's world but what about the ill effects
Are the waves from the cell phones harmful?
Yes, the waves from the cell phones are harmful to our physical body such as our heart, but most of us cannot avoid it. It can affect our heart and internal organs. Recent study tells that even reproductive organs are adversely affected by waves that come from cell phones. It is better to use a mobile operator which works on a lower frequency, as higher frequency can have higher ill effects on our brain.
I have seen a documentary on CNN on which it was told that these rays can cause cancer if you will keep the cell phone with you all that time. Also, I have heard that we should not keep cell phone near our body or especially under the pillow while sleeping.
We should keep cell phones a few feet away from our body while sleeping.
Cell-phones can mislead drivers
Drivers who listen to cell phone conversations are distracted even if they do not talk, exhibiting similar behavior as people who have been drinking. The study conducted at the Center for Cognitive Brain Imaging at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh used brain imaging to document that when driving and listening, activity in the parietal lobe, the portion of the brain associated with driving, was reduced by 37%.
We have all read articles about the dangers of using mobile phones. The controversy about the effects of exposure to mobile phone radiation continues to drive many a journalistic career, but what have we really seen? Ourselves?
- Whenever a mobile is about to receive a message/call, the radiation is quite strong, as evidenced by the effect on nearby CRT monitors, or the distinctly repetitive noise that disturbs your landline phone calls.
- WorldSpace reception blanks out whenever a message is received by a phone kept within 2 feet of the receiver. Notably, the same effect happens whenever the tube light starts (perhaps due to the "starter" releasing radio waves as it builds and then releases the high voltage required to get the current flowing).
Have you ever noticed similar effects? Do you shy away from using mobile phones for a long stretch, or if forced to, resort to using a hands-free kit?
A few tips on how to avoid radiation from cell phones:
- At your workplace or office, there should be strict screening of calls.
- Use voicemail regularly when working on something from which you do not want to be disturbed. When responding back, it helps to collect the thoughts and speak just how much is required.
- People who attend a lot of teleconferences should use a wireless headphone cum mike. It is easier than the headset on the ears which one has to keep pressed to the ear, especially since the meetings may go on for hours.
- At home, turn on the loudspeaker, so there is not much of a problem for the ears and brain.
- While traveling, use earphones.
- Keep mobile phones a few feet away from your body while sleeping.
- Do not talk for too long on your cell phone. Short calls will avoid unwanted radiation and also you will save money on calls.
Effects of cell phone use on direct human-to-human interaction
Among the other things that cell phones destroy are the pleasures of direct human-to-human interaction. I have seen many people including so embarrassingly myself too being obsessed with a relationship over the phone. But this situation has become inevitable since our situation is warranted by the de-location of opportunities and jobs. I felt very much relieved for one week when I lost my mobile. Like other addictions, cell phones have also become an addiction. We are ignored real persons and been communicating with virtual persons over the phones but ultimately it becomes a sort of an ill health. Now, there have been studies showing how detrimental cell phone is for physical health too, so I am learning to avoid using cell phone without discretion.
More resources on mobiles and cell phones radiation
- Mobile phone radiation and health - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- BBC NEWS | Health | Mobile phones \'alter human DNA\'
A study finds mobile phones damage human DNA in the lab - but does not show they harm health.
- IEEE Xplore - Login
- Rats Exposed To Cell Phone Microwaves Suffer Long-Term Memory Loss, According To New Study By Univer
Microwaves similar to those emitted by cell phones may affect long-term memory, according to a new study by a University of Washington researcher. Henry Lai, a research professor in the UW's bioengineering department, has linked diminished long-term