Everybody Must Buy Apple: Blitzing the Market with Consumer Electronic Products
When we talk about the Apple Product Blitz, some will raise eyebrows. The dominance of the brand is virtually uncontested regardless of the few alternatives which make distant bridesmaids. The World Wide Developer Conference which was held on the 11th of June was another important milestone in the dominance of Apple. There was everything from the update of the MacBook Pro Line to assessments of the MacBook Air and Pro. Others were mesmerized by the idea of using retina display technology. What does this all mean?
- Diversifying Apple Products: One of the biggest strengths that the brand has over its rivals is the ability to provide the public with a diverse range of products. For example theiPhone 4 was married to the 3rd generation iPad. Consumers are looking for currency and modernity when they buy electronic products. The fact that the brand can bring in some updates such as improvements to the mobile phone screen resolution is going to be the foundation of its success.
2. The Cult of Apple: A team of online journalists is permanently in a state of alert about the latest upgrades from the brand. They are known as Apple-Watchers and they have done a great deal of good for the company in as much as they act as product champions. Even the negative reviews play a role in increasing the buzz around the product. They may protest about their independence but the reality is that they are part of a very strong marketing network which is dominating the world of consumer electronics.
3. The Changing Software Market: The computer giant has now started dabbling in software development. Each upgrade brings in even more customers. For example the entrance of the iOS 6 was deemed to be a major triumph for Apple. The constant iteration of the mobile OS provides consumers with something to think about in the next few months. In their recent Press Releases, Apple announced that they had added up to 200 new features to their operating systems. A case in point is the Maps app which is likely to compete with Google Maps in the future.
Have Your Say: Apple and Consumer Electronics
Do You Think Apple is Dominating the Consumer Electronics Market Today?
4. Mobile Computing Challenges: The competition from Google is a real issue for Apple. You can judge this by their response to the technology offers from the search engine brand. They rejected it in favor of their bespoke programs. Clearly they feel that it is not just a question of dealing in hardware. There are opportunities to market software and make lots of money from the process. All companies are considering the diversification of their production teams regardless of the costs or the risks of making mistakes. Apple is not different.
Top Apple Products 2012
These four issues are the bedrock of the industry at the moment. Many of the subsidiary issues are merely an expression of the need to participate in a sector that is both lucrative and growing very fast. As a consumer it is important to pick out some of the most important developments and how they relate to the user experience. In our view these are some of the things to watch out for in terms of Apple products.
One of the most interesting things about the way in which Apple is approaching its product launches is the fact that they are actively trying to get consumers to connect to alternative services. For example the new Apps that they have put in place support various options including Messaging, Safari and Final Cut 10. This is a nod to the efforts by other software manufactures who have concentrated on adding value to the consumer experience by way of attaching traditional elements such as Autodesk and Adobe.
What you should be watching out for in terms of the Apple product list
Our favorite topic at the moment is the MacBook Pro. Some of the goodies that it brings to the table include a couple of Thunderbolt ports and a USB 3 facility. Of course they retain the standard HDMI. The device is incredibly portable at just 0.7” and 4.46 lbs. The flash storage facility can allow you to accumulate up to 768 GB worth of information. The Apple product is quieter, faster and more efficient. It also adds some basic features including Bluetooth 4.0, 801.11n Wi-Fi and the Monster Media Machine.
At the risk of thumbing chests, Apple is glad to talk up its MacBook Pro. For example much has been made of the quad core Intel i7 Ivy Bridge processor. The product runs at a 2.7-GHz clock speed. They have added turbo boost speeds running up to 3.7 GHz and Apple is delighted with the 16 GB memory specification which it considers to be superior to most competitors. The battery life is an impressive 7 hours. However a price of $2,199 is a touch optimistic.
Apple and the consumer
It is clear that Apple is determined to respond well to consumer anxieties and expectations. That is the foundation of a powerful brand. The Apple Store is a platform that offers the brand another opportunity to interact with their customers on an intimate basis. Perhaps the software developments are designed to bring something new to the product. The dynamics of the market mean that the product will have to be managed in a flexible way. Expect more of these product launches and updates.
- F.Nelson,” Apple WWDC: 17 Cool Innovations”, 23th Jun 2012, Information Week