- Internet & the Web
Facebook: How to stop your Account being Hacked
Many of us must have heard a few times about Facebook Accounts being hacked into. Fraudsters are getting more and more sophisticated and no one wants to be their victim. I share below, how you can avoid having your Facebook Account hacked into.
Follow these simple Instructions.
1) When you are in your Facebook Account, check your URL address above, if you have "https" – you are secure and don’t need to take any action.
2) If it sharts with “http” – You have to change your Account Settings.
3) Click on “Account” (top right corner)
4) Select “Account Settings”
5) Select “Account Security”
6) Click on the box “Browse facebook on a secure connection” – so it has a Tick.
7) You could go a step further and Tick the box in "Log in Notification" which means an email will be sent to you, when an unrecognized computer or device tries to access your account.
8) Click on “Save”
** (It should look like the photo shot below)
Facebook Page Photo Shot
9) Finally, check your URL to ensure it now starts with “Https”.
I hope you find this useful. Facebook automatically sets Accounts to non-secure setting.
- Writing Online - How to find out if your Articles been Stolen
Quick way to find out if your article has been copied/stolen.