Facts About Cell Phone Radiation
Today we are living in a world that is nothing without technology. We have given technology and technological devices a place as similar to our most loved partners. They are those without whom we cannot live our life. Or, life feels as lonely as in a restricted place like jail or other confinements. The best or worst example of this category is Cell Phones.
We leave our cell phones not for a single moment and if, we could not find it near us, it becomes the cause of panic. Even our business and personal relationships are hanging by this thread only, as these devices keep you connected even when you are not in real terms. So before getting indulged in to the excessive usage or love for these devices, we must come face to face with the facts about them. They might be interfering with our natural and healthy life. Let us look at some of the facts about them as a radiation transmitter.
- Mobile phone or cell phones work on electromagnetic radiations in a microwave radiations just as other wireless devices.
- GSM phones emit peak power of 2 watt and CDMA phones emit peak power of 1 watt
- Thermal effects that are not known to impact humans but found to be causing cataract in rabbits after 2-3 hr exposure to cell phones
- Increased risk of cancer and tumor by cell phone use could not be proved by any of the studies, till date but heavy and prolonged use of mobile phones (cumulative call time) indicate the possibilities
- Cancerous state can get speed up if exposed to electromagnetic fields associated with Cell phones
- Problem of acoustics neuromas is found aggravated by the prolonged use of cell phones
- There are some inconclusive reports about cell phones having Genotoxic effects (problems in Chromosomes/DNA)
- Sleep disorders are also attributed to the cell phones
Various organizations and health associations are trying to find exactly what are the repercussions of cell phones might be. But it is always advised to keep use of anything under control so that the thing might not start controlling your life. What is the harm in standing on the safer footing than waiting for proofs? We always have heard that prevention is better than cure and excess of everything is bad. Why not follow the two adages than falling prey to technology or insufficient research? Stay connected but by living healthy!