- Computers & Software»
- Computer How-Tos & Tutorials
Fix and Repair Error Code 43
Error Code 43 is Device Manager error. It indicates one of your hardware devices has some kind of unspecified problem. Following description appears with the error message:
“Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)”
Here are steps to troubleshoot this error message:
1. Disconnect Recently Connected Hardware
2. Rollback the Driver
3. Update BIOS
4. Repair Registry
5. Check for Windows Updates
Tip: Click Here to Fix Error Code 43
Disconnect Recently Connected Hardware
Did you connect a new hardware just before error code 43? If so, it’s possible that the new hardware is not functioning properly. There can be compatibility issues with the hardware or it is not designed for your system specifications.
Rollback the Driver
Rollback the driver to a version prior to your update. Rollback is a process of returning to the lastinstalled driver version. It shall fix error code 43.
1. Click Start | Control Panel.
2. Click System and Security | Administrative Tools.
3. Double click Computer Management, select Device Manager.
4. Right click the malfunctioning driver, select Properties.
5. Click Driver tab | Rollback Driver button.
An outdated BIOS could be causing error code 43. One of your devices could not be functioning fine because of outdated BIOS. Update the BIOS to fix this problem.
1. Click Start, type MSINFO32 in the Search box and click System Summary.
2. The BIOS Version will be displayed under Processor Speed. Please note down.
3. Did you purchase a pre-built computer? If so, visit the website of your computer manufacturer (For example, Dell) and look for Drivers and Downloads section. Download the latest BIOS version available.
Or was it an assembled computer? If so, visit the motherboard manufacturer website to look up for BIOS update. If you do not know the motherboard manufacturer, please use MSINFO32.
Your registry could have problems. Erroneous entries, invalid references/ shortcuts are the most common reasons.
1. Download RegInOut Registry Cleaner.
2. Install and run the program.
3. Click Registry Cleaner tab | Start Scan button.
4. After full scan is finished, click Fix Errors button.
5. Restart the system.
Check for Windows Updates
You might need to check for Windows Updates. Download and install the latest updates to fix error code 43.
1. Click Start | All Programs | Windows Update.
2. Click Check for Updates button.
3. Update check-up process will be started. Please wait while.
4. Please check up all necessary updates to begin the download and install process.