Flash Hybrid OS Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
Flashing Hybrid OS Blackberry 9300
The following guide details procedure for flashing a hybrid os to a Blackberry 9300.
- Search and install your selected hybrid operating system for your device. Make sure your hybrid matches your base OS
- OS will install to the following directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files (check x64 directory for 64 bit machines)
- Delete file titled 'Vendor.xml' located in apploader folder at the following path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader\
- It is advisable to make appropriate data back ups prior to flash
- Install your chosen hybrid to default path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files
- You may back up any desired applications with third party programs such as Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (BBSK) or Blackberry Master Control Panel (BBMC)
- Once you have completed extracting and installing your hybrid operating system. Upon exiting, a hybrid customization program will launch. Namely either 'Shrink-A-OS' or 'Blackberry Hybrid Tool'
- Choose your customization as needed. Once complete select 'Shrink my OS'
- Now hit 'Launch Loader'
- Follow prompts in loader until installation completes
- If you experience difficulty it is recommended to update your blackberry base OS to one matching your hybrid install prior to initiating your hybrid installation
- Alternatively, if having difficulty you may try to wipe your device entirely with a program such as 'JL Commander' Delete all base os files in your 'Shared\Loader' directory. Install your hybrid to default directory. Manually run the Loader located in your \AppLoader\Loader.exe directory
- Upon powercycle flashing will be completed
Note: If you happen to brick device. Re-install stock carrier provided firmware to Loader files directory.
- Open Command terminal (Start>Run>Cmd)
- cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader
- Once you are pointed at the above directory (Apploader) issue the following command:
- Loader.exe /resettofactory