Freeze your Excel 2007 headers
Freezing panes allow you to hold sections of a worksheet in place so they are visible at all times whilst scrolling through the worksheet. This is especially useful for holding the column and row headings in place whilst you scroll large worksheets.
- Click the View tab on the Ribbon
- Click the Freeze Panes button in the Window group
A list appears with three options
- Freeze Panes: Freezes the worksheet above and to the left of the selected cell. Ensure that you select the required cell before clicking this option. Frozen panes cannot be moved once they are set. You would need to unfreeze the panes and then freeze them again.
- Freeze Top Row: Freezes the top row, keeping it visible whilst you scroll through the rest of the worksheet. This is possibly the most popular option.
- Freeze First Column: Freezes the first column, keeping it visible whilst you scroll through the rest of the worksheet. Solves the nightmare that is horizontal scrolling.
3. Select the desired option from the list.
The headers are frozen and the worksheet can be navigated as required.
To unfreeze panes, click the Freeze Panes button in the Window group and select Unfreeze Panes.
Visit Computergaga.com for further Microsoft Excel training