- Computers & Software»
- Computer Software
Getting started with Youtube Partners and monetization
One Channel Design on YouTube is intense - Tutorial coming!
- In order to set up your Youtube account it is fairly simple, all you need to do is either be a gmail account holder, or sign up for gmail.
- Once you have chosen to join gmail and make your account there official, then from within gmail you can click the Youtube link made visible on the upper portion of the screen.
- You also have the option to go directly to the Youtube website from using its web address on your browser.
- This will in effect start up your basic account there for viewing videos as a certified member, but without ownership of any videos of your own.
- It's up to you to decide to upload a video or multiple videos.
- From there on your account, looking towards the upper right corner of the screen, you will notice an icon image or a place holder for one if you chose not to upload a profile image yet. (You now have to load up images from Google+ - click link to learn how to sign up to G+)
- Right beside it, there's a down arrow that will allow you to access your video editing and management features if you so choose to begin editing and uploading videos. You must click the down arrow there to access it.
- Once accessed, you will quickly begin to notice many onscreen prompts for you to learn from and or choose to select from.
- Get use to this area of your Youtube account, it is your friend when it comes to the overall organization and management of your Youtube videos and business if you so choose to make it such.
Getting monetized is very easy and can be done after you have chosen to upload your videos, the only thing is you will need consistent viewers to your videos there to qualify for becoming a Youtube Partner.
Its tough to become a Youtube star but it isn't impossible
How Monetization Works:
Monetizing your videos is super awesome and affords you a way to earn income from your video making and sharing efforts. Each Youtube Partner gets paid via their own official bank account, which needs to be verified by becoming an official Google Adsense member.
This process takes a few weeks of approval, but once your bank account is verified by Google your going to be a happy camper.
The way it works is, you sign up for Google Adsense after your videos amount enough views to be accepted into the partner program. Those folks who are already approved for Adsense will notice it's a much easier process and because they need not worry about approval for both, as well as the bank account verification aspect.
Must watch video on Copyright laws on YouTube
What do I do now?
After its all said and done you will be allowed to monetize any of your videos that you have 100% ownership of and that's under your official copyright. If you so choose to share any content that contains music, imagery, videos, or any other copyright works of others monetizing such without the permission to do so will get you banned from YouTube eventually.
Make sure to only upload what you own out right to be on the safe side, and or contact the original owners before hand. Youtube will warn you of any potential violations if anything prior to your acount being deactivated if you are found to be breaking their laws, which are federally mandated laws of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).
You can utilize creative commons attribution license 2.0 free to use for commercial use content on the web, but keep in mind that you need to follow the link attribution license law mandated on such content. YouTube allows you to do so, you will need to place a link into the videos description area in order to properly provide attribution back to the original author of such digital works. (Link to the CC 2.0 bylaws)
Note: the rues to fair use on YouTube aren't as clear as day for both the content original owners and for those seeking to use such content, so to be safe still ask permission to use such content for parody purposes, news coverage, educational purposes, commentary and other acceptable uses of copyright materials.
(If you don't monetize content used in a fair use manner generally you won't have copyright issues on YouTube, or shouldn't unless the owner of such copyright videos doesn't fully understand the copyright laws regarding fair use, many will target your video for take down, this requires you to submit a counter notification or retraction via the copyright strike process and if you have proof of fair use. Consult an attorney in cases where you cannot contact the owner of such content and if you cannot handle the issue with them via email)
Using copy written images, video, or music
- In order to utilize any of the content across the web that are in copyright formats, you must get permission from the originator of such content.
- Make sure if you choose to monetize your videos, you own full rights to all of the content being shared via such videos. That means all images, clips from other videos, music, and anything relevant to someones ownership.
- If you try to monetize anything that you don't have full right to you will get contacted by Youtube over time for sure, and they may shut down your account after multiple copyright violations aka copyright strikes.
- You can submit a counter notification to fight against those strikes against your account that weren't warranted and in which you do in fact have ownership to such content and or permission to utilize from the original owner.
- You can also ask the original content owner to retract the copyright strike claim, which means they may choose to take back the strike against your account, if you provide them a good enough reason to do so.
- Here's a link on Youtube's copyright info, make sure to study up on it all and research it thoroughly prior to becoming a partner and definitely before choosing to monetize any videos.
Providing link attribution on non-monetized videos
There are various places to locate legally useful content, and if you wish try looking into using Flickr Creative Commons for starters (image archives for non-commercial usage). You can also use Wikipedia, but make sure to check for the creative commons licensing details underneath each image (Their source of non-commercial images come from Wikimedia commons). Flickr also has another location known as "The Commons". There you can use those images for commercial use, because there are no known copyright's on them.
- For music you can utilize many cool web locations, one Free Music Archive, ccMixter, and you can click here for an awesome listing. (Creative Commons Legal Music for Videos)
- Some of those locations have commercial free music locations as well to use for your videos, just make sure to follow all the guidelines and that it has a CC license free to use commercially.
- Click here for the CC search website to locate more CC licensed material.
Providing a link back to these locations will allow you to use such video, images, or music from these locations on the web, as long as you provide all the needed relevant info required by its original authored location as per the CC licensing. Each creative commons license may have differing info so you need to abide by, and do so exactly as they suggest you to do.
- The image up above is an example of such a usage, but isn't the only way to provide such a link attribution back to its original web location.
- These links must be placed into your videos description area for it to remove any copyright infringement possibility, and to prevent from other Youtube users from flagging your content being shared there.
Other useful articles about Youtube and its powerful success
- Become an expert at generating high quality Youtube ...
Earning money online as an article writer is tough today, to do so you will need to optimize your writing skills, content placement, creation of unique video content, as well as adapt to the many various online changes of the Internet. If done proper
- Real Talk online Youtube series - Community Building
The art of being real on Youtube has begun, and its designed to help us all, by people learning to use video powers to help others through creating real life useful discussions, sharing, and more.
- PSY Gangnam Style Youtube Success
International superstars come a dime a dozen today, but when someone not only attracts, but also shocks the global audience of Youtube viewers such as a Korean rapper named PSY, the world stands still, and the flood gates open for mega popularity lik
- Real talk - fighting web traffic with Youtube
Using Youtube effectively can help anyone to out beat the online down swings of low web traffic. This article explains in great detail how it can be done, and shows such a reailty by true experience, read more....
Looking for more tips and advice FPC-Virtual got you covered
- Youtube Tips
Informative helpful guide from an experienced standpoint, helping Youtube Creators and Partners to help attract more viewers.
- Youtube Creator Tutorials & Useful Tips - YouTube
Helping the Youtube community to learn from experience, some useful tips and smart ways to utilize our video creator tools, how to better navigate, and all a...
© 2013 Mike Pugh