Google Search Engine Accepts URL Shorteners and Impact Rank
Technology and computer language feels like going into a foreign country. Unless you know the meaning of the words and how certain terms apply in the world of the internet, you may be lost. In fact, you could fall asleep trying to understand what people are talking about.
The train of thought that brought me to view this video went something like this. Starting with Hubpages and the recent changes in Google analytics to their "Panda," which is something I still don't understand, I started to learn that many areas on the internet will be blocked from view.
Supposedly, Google finds this to be a positive change to eliminate spam and duplicate content. In the restructuring of this 'crawler' processing that scans the internet for information to rank, many websites where authors post articles have lost visibility. Hubpages has ranked as one of those communities that has lost visibility by people searching for keywords and topics of interest.
Thus, Hubpages has been making its own changes lately. In my eyes, the removal of the NEWS CAPSULE will be a huge loss. I use that feature and find it to be excellent at providing compatible recent newsworthy article links to my topics. This means that I will have to find another strategy to search 'the latest news' to update my hubs.
Meanwhile, the next thing I found was a story and videos about the PANDA google, then viewing one video or another I ended up at the video above about URL shorteners.
Using URL Shorteners
Testing Your URL Shortener for Safety
What is a 301 Redirect?
People questioned whether these 'redirect' url shorteners can effect google and other search engine optimization rankings. As stated in the video, if the shortener is "permanent" then there should be no problem.
Even if you create a special shortener name rather than the automated value it should still work.
The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently".
You can check the functionality of your 301 redirect or URL shortener on this page supplied by WebConfs.com
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM founded Homeopathy World Community social network. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider
- If You Enjoy Hubpages You may want to Join Now.