- Internet & the Web»
- Social Networking
HOW TO: Sign Up For Facebook - A Beginner’s Guide
Facebook is a great way to re-connect with old friends or relatives you haven’t seen in awhile. It is also a great networking site to use to keep in touch with former classmates and co-workers. You can also keep up with the latest news on your favorite celebrities, musicians, actors, movies, comedians, and so forth.
The best thing about Facebook is ... it is absolutely free! You don’t have to pay a single penny to sign up.
- Open up your web browser (i.e. Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer).
- Type in www.facebook.com
- You will then see a Sign Up page.
- In the box labeled “First Name,” type in your first name.
- Next, in the box labeled “Last Name,” type in your last name.
- Then, in the box labeled “Your Email,” type in your e-mail address. If you do not have an e-mail address, you will need to create one on Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, Live, etc.
- Then, in the box labeled “Re-Enter Email,” you will need to type your e-mail address once again. This is solely for confirmation purposes, so that Facebook will know you are a human being and not a spam bot.
- In the box labeled “New Password,” enter your own unique password. You can enter lowercase letters, capital letters, numbers, or symbols (i.e. !, @, #, $, %, ^, &, or *). Choose a password that you feel most comfortable with. If you choose a password that is difficult to remember, write it down on a piece of paper or type it in your Sticky Notes. [If you forget your password, you can always reset it by clicking on the “Forgot Password?” button.]
- Next, you will see a drop-down menu called “I am.” Then select your gender. If you are a female, click on “Female.” If you are a male, click on “Male.”
- Lastly, you will see three drop-down menus for your birthday. In the “Month” menu, select the month you were born on. In the “Day” menu, select the date you were born on. In the “Year” menu, select the year you were born in.
- Before you click on the “Sign Up” Button, read Facebook’s Terms and Conditions by clicking on the blue hyperlinks “Terms” and “Data Use Policy.”
- Finally, when you are ready sign up, click on the green “Sign Up” button.
That was easy, right? Have fun using Facebook. :) Also, if you need assistance signing up for Twitter, you can click here.