- Internet & the Web»
- Social Networking
HOW TO: Sign Up For Twitter - A Beginner’s Guide
Many of you are probably thinking, “Why should I create a Twitter account? Why should I waste my time posting status updates all day?” This simply is not true. Twitter is just like any other social networking website. You can post pictures, leave comments, post videos, or even talk to your favorite celebrities on Twitter. This is a great site to use to keep up with the latest gossip on your favorite actors, singers, comedians, chefs, etc. It is also a great way to keep in touch with your friends and family.
You don’t have to pay a single penny to use Twitter. It’s absolutely free of charge.
- Open up your web browser. You can use Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, or any web browser you feel most comfortable with.
- Type in www.twitter.com
- You will then see a Sign Up page labeled “New to Twitter? Sign up.”
- In the box labeled “Full Name,” type in your First and Last name.
- Next, in the box labeled “Email,” type in your e-mail address. If you do not have an e-mail address, you will need to create one on Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, Live, etc.
- Then, In the box labeled “New Password,” enter your own unique password. You can enter lowercase letters, capital letters, numbers, or symbols such as, !, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *. Choose a password that you feel most comfortable with. If you choose a difficult password to remember, write it down on a notepad. If you forget your chosen password, you can click on the “Forgot Password” blue button.
- Finally, click on the yellow “Sign up for Twitter” button.
The most important thing about social networking is to have fun. If you don’t enjoy using Twitter, there will always be a “Delete” button. Also, if you need assistance signing up for Facebook, you can click here.