How Butane Web Editor Compares To Content Management System Like Joomla and Drupal
Butane Web Editor came onto the market as an answer to some of the flaws of Joomla and Drupal.
Butane Web Editor is a content management system (also known as CMS) that allows web designers to hook in HTML into a PHP system that is housed on the Butane server.
Flaws with Drupal Resolved by Butane:
- Drupal is slow. It loads very slowly on shared web hosting platforms like Go Daddy and Blue Host and sometimes, times out on the web server. While Drupal performs much better on dedicated and virtual dedicated web hosting server packages, Butane requires no installation. All web designers need to do is log in to the Butane Administrator page and enter the information.
- Drupal does not have built in search engine optimization (SEO). With Drupal, you need special modules (or plugins) in order to add search engine optimization and with the release of Drupal 7, I thought that would have been resolved, but it was not. Butane has built in search engine optimization that allows the admin to add keywords and description meta tags directly to each web page. As web pages are saved on Butane, a search engine friendly URL is created automatically in the fly.
Flaws with Joomla:
- Joomla requires multiple website installations and takes up multiple database space. For instance, to use Joomla with 3 websites, you need to install it 3 times and remember three administrator usernames and passwords to login.
- Joomla requires the web designer to know how to move navigation menus between positions and that takes a little technical knowledge.
Benefits of Butane Web Editor
- Butane allows one administrator login to handle multiple web sites. With Butane, you simply log in once and then select the website that you want to edit (see the video below) and you will land on the editing screen for that website.
- Butane has built in social media profile building. With Butane Web Editor, you simply click on the social media profile editor, enter your Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, or YouTube profile addresses and the icons will show up automatically. You also have a choice of 3 different sizes for your social media icons. Besides the four social networks that I listed above, Butane supports a total of ten social networks and new ones are being added all the time.
- Butane allows you to move web pages to three different menus at a time by simply changing the menu name from a simple pull down menu.