How to Select an Ideal Inverter Battery System for Your Home or Office
Need of Inverter for Residential or Office Use-
The wide varieties of power inverters available in the market differ from each other in voltage, frequency, circuitry and the design. That makes it difficult for a consumer to select an ideal Inverter battery system for his/her household or office.
Here are some Guidelines to select an Ideal Inverter Battery System to provide uninterrupted power backup to Your Home or office:
The first factor that one needs to take into consideration while selecting an inverter for home or office is the power requirement. If you are using appliances like Air conditioners, Coolers and Washing machines etc in your home, then your power requirement will obviously be high.
- An inverter with less power output won’t be able to provide power backup to your office or home if your power requirement is high.
- You will first of all need to assess the power requirement of the electrical appliances in your home or office. Then accordingly select a new or upgrade your old one to an inverter of a higher capacity.
- Don’t try to guess the power requirement because you don’t know the accurate power consumption ability of your device. The power consumption varies from one electric bulb to another. Your neighbor has brought an inverter and now you are in the market to take an inverter of the same capacity to home. Never does that, otherwise you may have to repent later.
- The power requirement at your home can be different from your neighbor’s home. Do a little homework to understand the basics how to know the power requirement of the appliances at your home.
VA Rating for the Inverter you Require
You should always select a value for an inverter that is safe. The safer value of the inverter battery system will be the value which is higher than the calculated one.
- The VA Value of a home or office is total load in watts divided by 0.8. Suppose of the VA value of your inverter is 260, you will need to divide it by 0.8 and that will be the exact VA value you will need for your inverter.
- You should always select a value for an inverter that is safe. The safer value will be the value which is higher than the calculated one.
- Maximum of the inverters available in India this time have the efficiency range from 60% to 80%. No inverter could be 100 % efficient because such ideal conditions don’t exist in real.
Remember, battery is the backbone of your power backup system. It will determine the performance and the life of your inverter. The capacity of the battery you will choose will determine how many hours your inverter can run all of your equipments.
- The battery is the fuel to the inverter; it is its capacity that decides the backup hours. The backup hours, a battery is able to provide are expressed in Ampere hours (AH). In the market, you will find batteries of multiple capacities starting from 100Ah.
- After selecting an inverter of higher VA value, then focus on the battery size you require. In the above example, for a 350 VA inverter, if you need a backup of 6 hours, then the total VAh we need is: 350 x 6 = 2400 Vah.
- This simple calculation will save you from all misleading information shared by Inverter dealers and make it possible for you to take a correct decision.
Don’t choose a cheap quality inverter
A poor quality battery inverter system can ruin your expensive power appliances because they fail to regulate fluctuations in power currents which are detrimental to the longevity of electronic gadgets.
- If you need a power backup solution for your office or home, you need to be cautious while selecting an inverter because there are manufacturers out there in the Indian markets who offer you cheap Chinese products that last for a very short time and instead of cutting your power bill they tend to increase it.
- It is obvious, a cheap quality inverter provides power backup for just two or three hours hence you need to charge it more than three-four times a day that leads to the increase in the power bill.
- A cheap quality inverter fails to provide you power backup for a longer time, hence it instead of providing a solution to your power woes brings more nuisance.
- The inverters are supposed to save power and cut the size of the electricity bill, but the selection of a wrong inverter, battery or both can increase your bill. A poor quality inverter or the battery will mean a very less power backup and frequent charging of the device that ultimately leads to increase in the power bill.
- A poor quality battery inverter system can ruin your expensive power appliances because they fail to regulate fluctuations in power currents which are detrimental to the longevity of electronic gadgets.
Choose Only A High Power sine wave Inverter
Due to improvements in technology, the efficiency of the power inverters in India has increases manifolds than the past. Among all the inverter models, the sine wave inverters have the most considerable potential in the commercial and household sector. They are manufactured with the microcontroller and DSP technology.
- For bigger appliances, a possible solution will be purchasing an inverter with a higher Voltage capacity anything in between 24 V or 48 V or even more. In case you selected a 24 V inverter battery system, then connect batteries in the series mode to avoid the division of the current and same amount of power passes through both batteries.
- The power inverters available in the market today are able to provide a continuous power back of 10- 12 hours and are capable to run computers, refrigerators and washing machine like high power devices.
- There are 1,000 VA inverters available on the market that is able to power all household appliances. And the advantage of using inverters is they cost less but provide power backup equivalent to a powerful diesel generator.
- Among all the inverter models, the sine wave inverters have the most considerable potential in the commercial and household sector. The inverters in today’s world are manufactured with the microcontroller and DSP technology.
- A pure sine wave inverter can cost you a few more bucks than an ordinary inverter but it is capable to run multiple tube lights, television, fans, fridge and other high-end appliances.
List Of Appliances And Power Requirements
There are electrical appliances in the market that help you to know the power requirement of your household or office. Here is the list of appliances that you want to run on an inverter and the power watts they consume:
- Fan- 75-90 watts.
- Tube light- 45-50 for standard
- CFL Bulb- 25 watts
- A television set LED- 30-100 watts;
- CRT- 120 watts; LCD- 50-150 watts.
- HD Boxes- 18 watts and Standard 8 watts.
- Desktop- 120-250 watts
- Desktops with LCD screen- 150 watts
- With CRT screen 250 Laptop- 50 watts.
- Mobile chargers, routers, modems- 5 watts.
- Air cooler- 250-300 watts.
- Induction cooker- 1000-1500 watts
- Mixer Grinder- 350 watts.
This ever-widening gap between the power generated and the power needed in India has increased the significance of an effective power backup generators & Inverter battery system in the country manifold for Industrial setups besides households. In June 2017, the peak power consumption in major cities of India touched 6,526 MW highest since 1902. The massive increase in the power consumption led to frequent power cuts. The households and commercial establishments who had kept effective power backup inverter battery system or generators ready for such situation managed to pass the tough time very easily. A right kind of power backup inverter battery system provided them uninterrupted power supply to avoid disruptions.
© 2017 Amod Anand