- Internet & the Web»
- Social Networking
How To Add Facebook Comments In Your Blog
It doesn't make any difference any more whether you like The Facebook Social Plugin (Comment Widget) or not, its existence is growing day by day and it seems that it is going to climb up the peaks of the mount, soon. Facebook has given us the info that almost 50 Thousands Sites are using their comment widgets, so should you to keep track with the age. In this hub, I am going to write how to put the comment bar and why to put them.
Pros and Cons of Facebook Comment Wizard
Its just a comment wizard, nothing chaos is necessary regarding this but it does have some effect on your feel and user satisfaction of your website or blog. The good sides and bad sides of this comment bar is given in points below-
- No possibility of getting spam comments
- They cannot use the fake identity
- It looks good and color can be modified
- Your visitors who comment in your blog can post it in their walls at the same time. So, greater popularity!
- Robots as well as human spammers will be caught
- It produce normal Facebook visitors to loyal readers due to frequent updates they receive in their wall feed.
- Facebook has 600 Miliion Users, if bloggers can reach them dependance on Search Engine will be reduced to a great extent
These are some good reasons to use Facebook.
- Your visitors are unable to edit the comments - so it represents itself a bit annoying
- Your community is owned by Facebook - so it is tough to remove their system. But Diqus allows to export the comment and throw them away, if the system unsatisfies you.
So we find out that Facebook has many areas to improve. Yet, if you want to follow the giant sites like TechCrunch.com, you can have a try following the method stated below-
Faceboook Comment For Wordpress And Blogger
I hope you're not out of Wordpress.org or Blogger. So I proceed for the steps required for this two.
- Download the plugin from The Site
- Set it up and proceed to the nest step
- Configure its settings. You will not be able to confirgure it unless you provide your unique Application ID
- Grab the ID from here.
- Do not change the comment ID.
- Place your Application ID in the required text box.
- Insert your profile ID in the notification ID box. If you do not know the way of finding the profile ID, then read the next point.
Finding out the Profile ID
Log in to your account, go to your Profile, click the 'Photos' tab under your name. Click a photo. Then in the URL bar you will find different numbers and can get your ID there following the code 1&id= (profile ID). For a clear idea, go here in a new window.
- Deactive the present commenting system visiting settings.
- Visit the Facebook Developers' Page.
- Verify your account.
- Insert your blog name.
- Put a slash '/' sign after the URL such as google.com/
- Copy your App ID and put it in a notepad.
- Log in. Enter 'Layout' from your Dashboard
- Check the box 'Expand Widget Templates'
- Find out the code <data:post.body/>
- And then insert the comment box's code right after it.
- Delete APPID and XID above your app ID from Facebook which was secured earlier in a notepad.
- Save it and that's your comment box!
These are the steps for inserting the comment box in your blog. Insert it and check your visitors' and regular readers' feelings or what they say. Taking a short survey is not also a bad idea!
Visit my blog - Productive Hobbies , Earning Hobbies for making true money from your hobbies.