- Internet & the Web»
How To Add a Youtube Subscribe Button on Wordpress
If you want to promote your channel to people visiting your website,then it may be highly-recommended to add this one-click Youtube “Subscribe” button. This button is linked to your target Youtube channel, and lets people subscribe to your channel avoiding the need to log in to Youtube or confirm subscriptions.
Below is a simple step-by step tutorial of how to create your own Youtube subscribe button for your Wordpress site.
1. Go to Google Developers page and scroll down a bit to the ‘Configure a button’ section of the page.
2. Input your target Youtube channel name’s URL on the Channel Name or ID textbox. If a channel username is not set, then enter Youtube channel ID number found in your channels Account Information page.
3. You may now customise your Youtube Channel subscribe button. Pick either default or full options for the layout and theme. Subscriber count, by default is shown beside your ‘would-be’ subscribe button.
4. After you are done with the customisation, copy the generated code. Proceed to your WordPress site and go to Appearance, then Widgets. Drag and drop a text widget to the sidebar and paste the subscribe button code you copied inside of the widget. Lastly, save the changes made and check on your website.
- The Subscribe button displayed is the default user’s language setting or set based on the user’s location for logged-out users. (e.g S’abonner is displayed if the user’s language is set to French, or 订阅 if Simplified Chinese respectively).
- You may remove the <script> tag in the generated code if a Google+ button exists in your website. You may just add the code in the <div> container to your new Youtube subscribe button to be displayed on your blog.