How to Bypass iCloud Lock in iPhone and iPad
A number of options are available to help bypass iCloud lock on your iPhone or iPad. The need for iCloud bypass may arise if you purchased an iDevice that is attached to an ID that is unknown to you, or you simply forgot the password.
Back in 2014, doulCi magic lines could be used to bypass iPhone Activation Lock. It is, however, a dead solution today.
To bypass iCloud lock today, you can use these options:
- The eMail Address Configured in the mail app.
- Apple ID reset.
- The previous owner.
- Apple Enterprise Support
- Third-party services.
By default, iCloud lock is active on your iPhone if Find My iPhone is enabled.
Once the lock is up and running,
- A thief should not be able to use stolen iPad or iPhone.
- You can use the iCloud website or other Apple device to remotely wipe out data in the stolen iPhone.
- You are able to send a message or tone remotely, alerting the person with your iDevice that it is misplaced or stolen.
The following illustrations explain how you can bypass the iCloud lock in your iPhone:
1. Use the e-Mail Address Configured in the Mail App to Bypass the iCloud Lock
If you have an iPhone whose Apple ID password is unknown to you but one whose Home screen you can still access, use the mail app to reset its ID.
Assuming the mail address is active and accessible via the mail app, simply ask to reset the ID.
To do this,
- Go to Settings, and tap iCloud.
- Tap on the email address attached to the Apple ID.
- You will be prompted to enter the password.
- Enter three wrong passwords.
- iPhone will prompt you to reset the password.
- Tap Reset Password.
- You will be the related AppleID email address.
- Click Next at the top right.
- You will be prompted to choose between email reset and answering of security questions.
- Choose Reset by Email.
- Password reset email will be sent to the email inbox.
- Go to the mail app and follow the link to reset the password.
- Tap Reset now and you will be shown a new window where you will enter a new password, twice.
- You will be alerted that your Apple ID password has been changed.
- If everything works according to plan, you should now have a new password with which to access the Apple ID account.
- You will have bypassed the iCloud lock!
- Then you can log out of the account and create a new one.
Remember this only works on the iPhone or iPad whose Apple ID account is active in the mail app. ONLY EMAIL APP, please!
Also of note is the illegality of using an email address you do not own. Only do this with permission from the owner, or if it is the only option.
2. Reset Apple ID and Password by Answering Security Questions
You can reset the Apple ID if you have forgotten only the password. The online reset procedure should be helpful.
Head over to iForgot Apple ID page and feed in your details to get started. The automated system will help you reset your password.
To do this,
- Follow the procedure illustrated above until when shown the email address.
- Instead of tapping Next, tap Forgot Apple ID? instead.
- You will be walked through the steps to recover either the forgotten/unknown email address or password.
The following are preconditions before you get started:
- Know the answers to the security questions.
- Have access to the email address associated with your ID.
If you still remember the password to the email address in question, simply ask to reset the password and you will receive an email prompting you to do the same. Very simple.
3. Use the Previous Owner to Bypass iCloud Lock
As an informed precaution, always check out the Activation Lock status of the iPhone or iPad you plan to purchase.
To find out its status, navigate to Settings>Generally>iCloud
Make sure no account is listed under iCloud, and that Find My iPhone mode is Off.
If an iPad or iPhone lists an email address, then it is still attached to someone else. Have it removed first.
If that person is next to you, use the email procedure illustrated at the beginning of the article, to log out of the present account, and create a new one for yourself.
You can also use the opportunity to erase iPhone settings to factory state.
To do this, navigate to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings.
- He or she will be asked for the passcode and Apple ID password to do this.
If the person is away from you, he or she can log into the iCloud page and disassociate the device in your possession from their iCloud page.
You can as well do it using that person's Apple ID details, using the mail app or browser as illustrated at the beginning of this article.
- Inside the iCloud page, click or tap on All Devices and then the device in your possession. Make sure the device is offline. You can turn the Airplane Mode On under Settings.
- Below the listed Apple device, you will see the word Remove.
- Click on it to disassociate the iPad or iPhone.
If however you cannot get the device image to display, scroll through the All Device list and click the X symbol besides the device to be removed. (see image below) This should also disassociate the device from that person's iCloud account.
- iCloud will warn you that the device will be usable by another person in future.
- Click Remove to deactivate the Apple ID.
4. Contact Genius Bar or Enterprise Support
If you registered for an enterprise account, Apple Enterprise support and Genius Bar should be the first line of rescue if you have messed up your Apple ID.
Following the introduction of Activation Lock, Apple also launched Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and Apple Configurator for enterprise support.
The DEP setup which permits centralized registration of all enterprise iPads and iPhones under Mobile Device Management is aimed at educational and similar institutions.
All iDevices are managed under an administrator who can remotely disable Activation lock if required.
When DEP is deployed on an iPhone, it will generate a special bypass code every time its user activates Find my iPhone.
This way, the administrator can bypass any assigned Apple ID and redeploy the iPhone to another user.
A scenario where a disgruntled employee or runaway pupil activates Apple ID, is handled under this arrangement.
5. Chronicunlocks Activation Lock Bypass
Chronicunlocks charges about $150 to help bypass iCloud lock on your iPad and iPhone.
Interestingly, they ask for the email address attached to your Apple ID and as illustrated above, you can use the same, to for iCloud lock bypass at home.
Why not do it at home?
Do you think third party sites should be able to bypass Apple Activation Lock?
Have you had any luck with iCloud activation lock bypass from DoulCi?
© 2014 Alfred Amuno