How To Connect A Windows Mobile Device To A Computer
Linking your cell phone equipment to your Computer system isn't just joining these products by using a USB cable. You will need to synchronize all of them to be able to enable exchange of information through your mobile phone to your Pc and vice versa. This is significantly essential if you need to transport data files such as images, your favorite music and daily schedules from the Pc to your mobile device.
If your mobile device is running the Windows Mobile operating system,, you can connect the device to your computer by installing ActiveSync (if your computer runs the Windows XP operating system) or Windows Mobile Device Center (if your computer runs the Windows 7 or Vista operating system) application to your PC.
Here are the things you need:
Your Windows Mobile phone
For Windows XP, here are the steps to sync you mobile phone and PC:
1. Download Microsoft ActiveSync through Microsoft.com (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/activesync-download.mspx) by clicking the download hyperlink.
2. Mouse click the "Continue" button.
3. Decide on if you want to get the Windows Mobile Newsletter then click on "Continue".
4. Then click "Download files below" > "Download".
5. Press "Run" within the "File Download" dialog field.
6. Follow the on-screen procedures in the "Installation Wizard" to effectively deploy ActiveSync on your computer.
7. Connect your smartphone to the Pc by using the USB cord and start ActiveSync.
If your computer runs Windows 7 or Windows Vista, follow these steps: 1. Find out whether your Windows Vista or Windows 7 is 32-bit or 64-bit. To do this, click "Start" > right-click "Computer" > "Properties". The Windows type type is adjacent to the "System type" heading.
2. Click on http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center-download.mspx and mouse click on your computer's Windows operating system version to start the download and installation of the Windows Mobile Device Center software program.
3. Use the USB cable to link up your mobile device to your computer. Launch the Windows Mobile Device Center application.
For more information about ActiveSync visit this link:
For more information about Mobile Device Center, please visit this link:
For troubleshooting, visit this link: