How To Make A Fax Cover Page
Make Your Own Fax Cover Page
If you are a small business owner and make any faxes, you need a fax cover sheet. Fax cover sheets help the recipient sort through faxes and respond in a timely manner. This guide will show you an easy way to make a personalized Cover Page to meet your business or personal needs.
Creating Your Cover Page
1. If you are creating a fax sheet for a business or school, you will need to have your company letterhead. Usually this is the company logo and name. Copy and paste it into a new Microsoft Word document. If you do not have a letterhead, go to the Insert tab and choose Insert Photo. Find a photo of your logo and choose it. Then just type your company name next to it.
2. Push Enter a few times to leave some space between the letter head and the next line of text.
3. Type these lines:
4. Highlight the lines. Go to the Page Layout tab. Click on Columns, then choose Two Columns. Now that everything is highlighted, click on the Home tab and format the text. Make it a different font, size, color, etc. until it looks nice to you. You may want to double space it so you have room to write. To double space the text, highlight the text then hold the Ctrl key and the number 2 key. This is the shortcut for double space.
Are fax cover pages necessary?
Some Optional Additions:
1. Insert four boxes. Click on the Insert tab. Click on Symbol on the far right. Click More Symbols. Scroll until you find the box you want. Click on it and then click Insert 4 times. Then click Cancel. Click between the first two boxes and type “Urgent”. Push the Tab key. Click between the next two boxes and type “For Review”. Push the Tab key. Click between the next two boxes and type “Please Comment”. Push the Tab key. Click between the next two boxes and type “Please Reply”. Make it a different font, size, color, etc. until it looks nice to you. I made mine a bigger font and Center justified it.
2. Go to the next line. Write “Comments:”. Highlight this. Click on the Insert tab. Click on Table. Click on convert to table. Choose 1 column and at least 4 rows. Click OK. To make the table bigger, drag it from the small white square at the bottom right corner.
3. If you are sending personal information (if you work for a school or social services agency, for example) you will need to type a disclaimer on the bottom. You may use the one I wrote in the example.