How To Properly and Completely Uninstall Norton From Your Computer
Norton Removal Tool
You can use the Norton Removal Tool to totally remove old or new versions of Norton products in your computer. To remove any remaining components of Norton products from your computer, please follow the instructions below:
1. Download the removal or uninstall tool for Norton products.
2. When the File Download window opens, click Save. This will open up the Save As window.
3. Select Desktop on the left pane as the location for the download, then click Save. This will make it easy for you to access the file.
4. Wait for the download to complete.
5. Run the removal tool. Do either of the following:
• When the window confirming that the download has completed appears, click Run.
• Go to your desktop and double-click on the Norton_Removal_Tool.exe file.
6. When the Welcome screen for the Norton Removal Tool appears, follow the instructions or prompts to start the process of uninstalling.
7. Wait while the tool uninstalls all remaining Norton components on your system.
8. When the process is complete, click Finish.
You may be asked to restart your computer. If you are prompted to do so, click Yes since this allows the changes to take effect on your system.