How To Remove IT Policy BlackBerry 8800
Removing IT Policy Blackberry 8800 v4.5
This tutorial will instruct on how to permanently remove IT Policy from a BlackBerry 8800 device running firmware version 4.5
In order to confirm whether IT Policy is currently active on device follow these steps:
1) Navigate to Options/Status/
2) Once on "Status" screen type "B" "U" "Y" "R" (BUYR)
3) This will bring up additional information pertaining to Voice/Data Usage
4) If an IT Policy is present, space next to these entries, will display "IT Policy Enabled"
The following method to remove an IT Policy will work on Blackberry Device Software 4.3 to 6.0
You must download Blackberry Desktop Software version 4.7 or higher for the following procedure (Desktop Manger versions 4.7-6.0)
Note: The following procedure will wipe device of all data. Backup if necessary through Desktop Manager
1) Connect device to computer
2) Navigate to Start Menu/Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt
- If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 right click and select "Run as Administrator"
3) Navigate to 'Apploader' folder by typing "cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader" and hit enter. (Excluding quotations)
- If using 64 bit operating system navigate to "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader"
4) Next type loader.exe /resettofactory
5) Type device password if requested
Once process is complete IT Policy will be permanently removed from device