Nairobi County Licenses Renewal Online
How To Renew Nairobi’s City County Single Business Permit Online
Kenya is making drastic changes in how business is conducted in most government places. The use of technology in these sectors is being implemented. This is helping improve the lives of its citizens as they are accessing the services they want fast through the use of Information Technology. Such services that one can now access with the blink of an eye is Nairobi’s City County Single Business Permit renewal and application. Starting 2015, it is now possible for Nairobi Business People to renew their expired single business permits online.
Signing up for Epayment Option
Nairobi County Licenses Renewal Online
This process can be done in the comfort of one’s office and one gets the permit instantly. This is because it will be printed online. The only slight drawback is that you will get a provisional business permit awaiting approval. The process will take less than ten minutes while in previous manual licensing, one had to spend some considerable time queuing for the same. Then one had to wait for a number of days before going to collect the renewed business license.
Single Business Permit Details
Process of Renewing Single Business Permit Online
- Access the Nairobi City County portal, you can use this link.
- Once you land onto the Nairobi County Self Service Portal, on the right you will see the sign in area.
- For the first time access, you will be required to register. So click on the sign-up link. Those who are already registered will only be required to log in by entering the mobile phone number and their Pin.
- For a new registration, click on sign up link and a new page will open where you will fill details like - First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Email Address, National ID number, and Wallet PIN. The wallet PIN is nothing but your password. Once you are done click submit.
Topping up Nairobi County e-wallet
Log in to Your Account
- Upon submitting your details, your account will be created. To log in to your account, you will need your mobile phone number and the PIN you created.
- On the top left-hand corner, you will see the SBP – Single Business Permit link. Click on the renew option.
- The new window that appears requires you to enter your Business ID and the year you are renewing for. The business ID is a number you will find on your previous year’s license indicated as BID.
- Click on check status. The system will check if you have already renewed your license.
- If you have not, you will get a message, "You do not have enough funds to proceed with payment. Your wallet is Ksh 0.00.
How To Top Up Your Nairobi County Wallet
Topping up Your E-wallet
- Once you are told that your e-wallet has got zero balance, proceed to load it with the money you will need to pay for your license renewal.
- To top up your e-wallet you will need to supply your phone number, PIN (the password that you created), and how much you will require for license renewal. Click submit.
- A new window appears where you will choose your payment method like Mpesa, YU cash, Airtel Money, Visa card, Master Card, Kenswitch, Orange money.
- There will be instructions on how to load your e-wallet using the payment method you choose. After clicking on the finish button you will get the message, "Top up was Successful. Your Wallet Balance is Ksh...
- Once your e-wallet is loaded with the required amount, you can now click on the Home button at the top and go to the Single Business Permit option. Enter your Business ID and the year you are paying for and click on check status.
- You will get a new window showing your total payable and an option to proceed to complete the payment. Click on proceed to complete payment.
- After that, you will be able to print your Single Business Permit license for your business and you can also print your receipt too if you want.
Nairobi County e-wallet Payment Options
Instructions on How to Make Your Payment
Completing Nairobi County Permit Payment
I used this method for renewing my Single Business Permit and found it to be very efficient. These are the kind of services we need in Kenya to make our day to day activities easier. For those who will find this process hard to follow, they can still seek this service from a cyber café.
However, there is one problem that you may encounter. You will be forced to pay for all items available unless you first go to City Hall to have the item you do not want to be removed. This is in most cases advertisement fee. You do not have to pay for this if you have not advertised your work.
Nairobi Single Business Permit Renewal
Single Business Permit
Have you used this online method to renew your Single Business Permit?
© 2015 Patrick Kamau