How To Set Up Your Cover For Your Book In Amazon Kindle
Having published books, the thing I love to do is change my book's cover. My all-time Horror/Shocksploitative book Swine's cover gets regular updates. I get tired of the old one and will do a new one from scratch.
I almost lost it trying to upload a new cover on Amazon's Kindle for my book. There are basically no steps to assist when we want to upload a new cover in the appropriate dimensions. Therefore, the near mental collapse trying to figure out the ratio to pixel to decimal or percentage led me to write this mini-article.
In terms of Amazon's requirement of 625 pixels and 1000 pixels in length, here are some helpful steps for the Macbook Air and Mac users that can assist with the swift change in requirements and a swift upload.
Dimension Set-Up Steps
- AFTER CREATING A NEW BOOK COVER IN YOUR SOFTWARE (LIKE MICROSOFT WORD) SAVE IT TO ADOBE
- DO A SCREEN SHOT IN ADOBE
- THE PICTURE MAY SAVE TO YOUR DESKTOP AND WILL BE LOCATED IN THE PREVIEW
- CLICK ON THE PICTURE WHEREVER YOU SAVED IT
- IN THE PREVIEW, GO TO, 'TOOLS'
- CLICK ADJUST SIZE
- IN ADJUST SIZE, UNCHECK SCALE PROPORTIONATELY
- CHOOSE PIXELS ON THE RIGHT
- PUT IN 625 IN WIDTH
- PUT IN 1000 IN HEIGHT
- LEAVE THE OPTION AS, 'PIXELS IN INCHES,' TO THE RIGHT AS WELL
- CLICK APPLY
- GO TO FILE
- CLICK SAVE
- CLICK NEW FROM CLIPBOARD
- WHEN THE WINDOW COMES OPEN CLICK THE RED X
- WHEN THE WINDOW, 'DO YOU WANT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE DOCUMENT COMES UP'
- CHANGE THE FORMAT TO JPEG
- CHANGE THE NAME TO WHATEVER YOU LIKE
- CLICK SAVE
And there you have it, your cover is directly proportional to Amazon Kindle's requirements and can be uploaded without any problems, headaches, rants, curses, or anxiety...
Just Thought I'd Share a Method
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE...