How To Unlock/Jailbreak Iphone 2G 3.1.2 Baseband: 04.05.04_G
The following procedure will document how to unlock and jailbreak an IPhone 2G on 3.1.2 firmware.
Please note if you have upgraded to 3.1.3 see article titled "IPhone 3.1.3 Jailbreak/Unlock" as procedure differs from this context
Ensure you are running 3.1.2 firmware in Settings>About
If you are considering the upgrade. The are no noticeable improvements in operation. It is important to understand that taking the upgrade would force loss of any previous jailbreak/unlock on the device. Also the upgraded firmware is said to be composed in order to combat jailbreak operation. So this must also be considered. Again, for proper procedure please reference article title mentioned above.
1) Plug device into computer
2) Go to http://blackra1n.com
3) Download Blackra1n for Windows
5) If error is encountered when attempting to run. ("This application has failed to start because ASL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.")
6) Go to Properties>Compatibility>Run this program in compatibility mode for>Windows 98/Windows Me.
7) Select and Apply
8) Alternatively you can select Open With>Browse>Blackra1n. If you are experiencing difficulty running.
9) Run blackra1n with Iphone connected to computer.
10) Hit "make it ra1n" and wait for reboot.
- Device will display picture of creator indicating successful jailbreak. Once device initializes you will see the blackra1n app on the springboard.
- Select it. Ensure you are connected to a wireless network either data/wifi. Through the application install Cydia.
- For unlocking install "Snow" from inside blackrain application.
- If 'Snow' application is not listed. Go to Cydia>Search. Search and install 'Bootneuter'
- Run the program as per the following specifications:
- Upon boot your device will be successfully unlocked
If you experience errors ensure that you are flashing a IPhone 2G with the exact same specifications relevant to this article. It is imperative to confirm that you are indeed running an IPhone 2G on 3.1.2 firmware.