How To Upgrade Blackberry Device Software
Updating Blackberry Device Software
The following guide will provide a walk through with respect to upgrading a BlackBerry device to most recent firmware utilizing Blackberry Desktop Manager. Procedural instructions are as follows:
1) Download Blackberry Desktop Manager from http://www.blackberry.com
2) Upon fresh installation of Desktop Manager. Ensure device is properly connected to computer
3) Start BlackBerry DM. Note, it is always wise to create a back up file. Or ensure automatic backup options are checked accordingly, prior to proceeding. Helps to prevent the loss of important data.
4) Desktop Manager will automatically search for any available software updates once device is connected and recognized with PIN displayed.
5) Proceed through wizard until message displays Software update complete
- Alternatively you may initiate the software upgrade through Desktop Manger by selecting Main Menu - Application Loader - Update Software.
- Or navigate to Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader/Loader.exe and perform desired upgrade through the Loader tool.
If installing different provider firmware or leaked versions refer to the following:
1) Install desired firmware package first
2) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\App Loader
3) Delete Vendor.xml file
4) Connect device. Either install through Loader.exe tool or through Dekstop Manager. Program will automatically detect the installed firmware and prompt an update. Alternatively update can be initiated through Main Menu - Application Loader - Update Software