- Internet & the Web
How to Add a Signature in Outlook 2007
Adding a signature to your messages in Microsoft Outlook 2007 keeps you from having to enter the same information at the end of every e-mail message you create, whether it's a new message, or a reply or forward. Enter the information you find yourself commonly writing at the end of messages, such as your name, phone number, e-mail address, a logo, an address and anything else. That signature can be set up to automatically appear in messages and accounts that you specify.
The Process for Adding a Signature in Outlook 2007
- Click "Tools" in the Menu toolbar in the upper-left corner of the Microsoft Outlook 2007 program window, then click "Options." The Options dialog box appears.
- Select the "Mail Format" tab at the top of the Options dialog box and then click the "Signatures" button in the Signatures field. The Signatures and Stationary dialog box opens.
- Select the "E-mail Signature" tab at the top of the dialog box and then click "New" in the "Select Signature to Edit" field.
- Click "New" to open the New Signature dialog box. Enter a name for the signature you want to create, then click "OK."
- Click to place your cursor in the "Edit signature" field, and then input the information you want to include as your signature. For example, you can enter a transition out of your message, such as "Best" or "Cheers," and then enter your name followed by your contact information, such as a phone or fax number, or e-mail address. Basic text-editing tools are available in the section so you can change the color or size of text, the justification of the text, hyperlink text, insert an image and more.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of "E-mail account" in the "Choose default signature" section and then select the Outlook account you want to associate with your signature; you can always go back and associate the same signature with multiple accounts, but you have to do it one at a time.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of "New messages" and then select the name of the signature you created to automatically place that signature at the end of all new messages you create with the Outlook account you designated.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of "Replies/Forwards" and then select the name of the signature you created to automatically place that signature at the end of all replies and forwards.
- Click "OK" at the bottom of the Signatures and Stationary program window to save your changes. The signature you created will now automatically be applied to all the types of messages you selected.