How to Block People on Phone, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Other Social Platforms
There are many situations that can force you to cut communication with some people. Most people stop communicating with others when their relationships go sour. Other people do this to avoid annoying people or even trying to get a break from creditors.
If you do away with some people and you don’t want to hear from them again, the first thing you think of is blocking them on your mobile phone and social media accounts.
In this article, I will teach you a number of ways to block people on phone. I will also teach you how to block people on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and many other social media platforms.
How to Block People on Mobile Phone
There are a number of ways you can do this depending on the network service, operating system, carrier, and the type of the phone.
Concerning the network service, you can use voice mail (VM) numbers provided by the mobile service provider to block calls and text messages.
Follow this path to carry out the process: Call Settings> Call Diverts or Forward> Always Divert or Divert to> Voice Mail (enter VM No.). You can get the VM number from the user manual provided by the mobile service provider.
When it comes to the type of the phone, follow this path: Call Settings> Call Barring (enter password). You can find the password from the phone instruction booklet. The password for Nokia phones is 00000000 or 0000.
In the case of the operating system, you can use a number of blocker or filter apps available from app stores such as Android Play, Apple, and OVI. Some apps that work effectively with Android phones are Call Filter, TrueCaller, and DroidBlock. See how to block calls and SMS for a typical blocking app.
- For android, it starts at: Call-blocking app> Call Settings> Call Rejection> Auto Reject List> Enter the phone number to block.
- For iPhone (Calls): Call-blocking app> Contact to Block> Block This Caller> Block Contact. For messages: App> Contact to Block> Details> Info> Block This Caller> Block Contact. This works better if the phone is jailbroken.
As for carriers, see how to block people on Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
- Verizon website> Login> My Account> Manage Verizon Family Safeguards and Controls> Call and Message Blocking Feature> Add Now.
- Block with your OS.
- Sprint website> Login> Sprint Account> My Preferences> Limits and Permissions> Block Voice> Inbound and Outbound Calls> Add Number> Save.
T-Mobile (2 ways):
- Home screen> Phone> Contact> Block.
- T-Mobile website> Sign In> T-Mobile Account> Tools> Family Allowance> Access Family Allowance> Allowed Numbers> Never Allowed> Contact> OK> Save.
If you are a user of BlackBerry phone, you need to contact your wireless carrier to block contacts.
Bonus: Google Voice
This is an amazing way to block calls on any number.
Follow this path: Google Voice website> Login> Google Voice Account> Contact/Voicemail to block> Check box> "more" link> Block Caller.
How to Block People on Whatsapp (iPhone, Blackberry, and Android)
Whatsapp> Menu Button> Settings> Account> Privacy> Messaging> Blocked Contacts> Add Blocked Contacts> Choose Contact.
For unknown users: Click the "Block" button when they message you.
To unblock: Menu Button> Settings> Account> Privacy> Blocked Contacts> Contact (tap and hold)> Unblock.
Blocking People on Facebook (5 Ways)
- Go to: Privacy Settings> Click on the “padlock” icon> How do I stop someone from bothering me> Enter name or email to block> Block> Window opens> Confirm.
- You can also go to: Person’s profile> Click this button "…" located next to "Message"> Block> Confirm.
- On phone, go to: Person’s profile> Click "…" for Android or Square icon for iOS> Block> Confirm.
- On Windows phone: Settings> Account settings> Blocking> Enter name> Block> Confirm.
- On any phone: Settings and Privacy> Blocking> Enter name or email> Block.
To unblock, go to: Privacy Settings> How do I stop someone from bothering me? > View all blocked users> Unblock> Send friend request.
Blocking People on Instagram
On the Instagram app, go to: Person’s profile> Menu (iPhone-box with an arrow, Android- 3 vertical dots, Windows Phone- 3 horizontal dots)> Block users> Confirm.
To unblock: Person’s profile> Menu (iPhone-box with an arrow, Android- 3 vertical dots, Windows Phone- 3 horizontal dots)> Unblock users> Confirm.
Blocking People Twitter (2 Ways, From Profile and Tweet)
On a computer, go to: Person’s profile> Gear icon> Block> Confirm. You can also block from a tweet. In this case, go to: Tweet> More icon (…)> Block> Confirm
For iOS users: Person’s profile> Gear icon> Block> Confirm. Blocking from a tweet on iOS: Tweet> More icon (…)> Block> Confirm.
For Android users: Person’s profile> Overflow icon> Block> Confirm. Blocking from a tweet on Android: Tweet> Overflow icon> Block> Confirm.
To unblock: Person’s profile> Blocked button> Yes for Android and unblock for iOS.
How to Block People on Pinterest (3 Ways)
- Go to: Person’s profile> Gear icon> Block> Confirm. To unblock: Person’s profile> Gear icon> Unblock> Confirm.
- Person’s profile> About> Report or Block> Block. To unblock: Person’s profile> About> Report or Unblock> Unblock.
- Person’s profile> Flag> Block. To unblock: Person’s profile> Flag> Unblock.
How to Block People on Google Plus
On a computer, go to: Person’s profile> Click the "downward arrow icon"> Report or Block> Remove from Circles or Block.
On iPhone: Person’s profile> Gear icon> Block.
On Android: Person’s profile> Menu> Block> OK.
To unblock: Menu> People> Circles> Actions> Blocked persons> Unblock
Blocking People on LinkedIn (3 Ways)
- Go to: LinkedIn settings> Privacy controls> Select who can see your activity feed> Save changes.
- LinkedIn settings> Privacy controls> Select who can see your connections> Save changes.
- Accounts and Settings> Review> Privacy Controls> Manage who you are blocking> You will be totally anonymous> Person profile> Connect button or InMail button> Block> I agree.
To unblock: "Me" icon> Settings> Privacy> Blocking> Change> Blocked List> Unblock
How to Block Someone on Youtube
Go to: Person’s profile> About> Flag icon> Block user> Confirm.
To unblock: My Account> Blocked List> Remove
Blocking People on Tumblr (3 Ways)
- Go to: Settings> Blocked users> Enter the person’s URL> Block.
- Person's Profile> Avatar> Profile icon> Block> Confirm.
- Use password-protected blog: Dashboard> Click on "upside down arrow"> Create a new blog> Enter title & URL> Password protect this blog (check box)> Enter password> Create a blog.
To unblock: Dashboard> "Gear" icon> Ignored Users> Stop Ignoring.
Blocking People on Snapchat (2 Ways)
- On the Snapchat app, go to: Friends list> Person’s username> Gear icon> Block. To unblock: Friends list> Person’s username> Gear icon> unblock.
- Second method: Friends list> Person’s username> Gear icon> Delete. Unblock: Friends list> Person’s username> Gear icon> Add.
How to Block People on Blackberry Messenger (BBM)
Open BBM> Person’s profile> Long tap contact> "Trash Can" icon> Delete and Ignore.
Block messages: Home screen> "Options" icon> Security> Firewall> One or more message types (check box)> Menu key> Save.
To unblock: Settings> Contact List or Blocked Contacts and Feeds> Long tap contact> "Back" button
As you can see, it is pretty easy to block people on your phone or social platform. If you have people who don't add value to your life and want to avoid communicating with them, you can just block them with the help of this guide.
Have you ever blocked people on phone, Whatsapp, Facebook or any other platform?
If yes, did you succeed in cutting communication with them?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2015 Frederick S Januaries