How to Block People on Mobile Phone, WhatsApp, Facebook & Other Social Platforms
There are many situations that can make you want to cut communication with some people. Most people stop communicating with others when the relationship with them go sour. Other people do this after encountering annoying people.
If you have done away with some people and don’t want to hear from them again, the first thing you can think of is blocking them on your mobile phone. The next stop would, of course, be on social media.
If you want to block people because you owe them, I would advise you to pay your debt. You cannot run away from your creditors. But if you are the kind of chaps who have strings of partners and want to settle down, it is recommended to limit communication with these other fellows just to save your relationship with your chosen partner.
Trying to avoid your ex-partner who wants a reunion is another good reason to block his or her calls and messages. Other people that you can be forced to avoid on a mobile phone or social media platforms include: naggers, fraudsters and imposters.
In this article, I will show you how to restrict communication on a mobile phone. I will also show you how to do the same on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and many other social channels. So read on.
Note: I have used synonyms for Block such as Obstruct, Inhibit, Restrict, Ignore and Hide.
How to Block People on Mobile Phone
There are a number of ways you can do this depending on the network service, operating system, carrier and phone.
Concerning the network service, use voice mail (VM) numbers provided by the mobile network service providers to stop calls from people you have parted ways.
Follow this path to execute the process: Call settings> Call diverts or forward> Always divert or divert to> Voice mail (enter VM No.). Asking where to find the VM numbers? Well, find them from the service providers' user manuals.
When it comes to the phone type, follow this path: Call settings> Call barring (enter password). Find the password from the phone instruction booklet. The password for Nokia phones is 00000000 or 0000.
In the case of the operating system, you can use a number of blocker or filter apps available from app stores such as Android Play, Apple and OVI. Some apps that would work effectively with Android phones are Call Filter, TrueCaller and DroidBlock.
- For android, go to: Call-blocking app> Call settings> Call rejection> Auto reject list> Enter phone to restrict.
- For iPhone (Calls), go to: Call-blocking app> Contact to obstruct> Block This Caller> Block Contact.
(Messages), go to: App> Contact to obstruct> Details> Info> Block This Caller> Block Contact.
This works better if the iPhone is Jailbroken.
- For users of BlackBerry phones, it starts with contacting their wireless carrier.
As for carriers, see how to ignore people on Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile.
- Verizon website> Login> My account> Manage Verizon Family Safeguards & Controls> Call & Message Blocking Feature> Add Now.
- Block with your OS.
- Sprint website> Login> Sprint account> My preferences> Limits & Permissions> Block Voice> Inbound and Outbound Calls> Add number> Save.
T-Mobile (2 ways):
- Home screen> Phone> Contact> Block.
- T-Mobile website> Sign in> T-Mobile account> Tools> Family Allowance> Access Family Allowance> Allowed Numbers> Never Allowed> Contact> OK> Save.
Bonus: Google Voice
This is an amazing way to restrict calls on any number.
- Follow this path: Google Voice website> Login> Google Voice account> Contact/voicemail to block> Check box> "more" link> Block Caller.
How to Block People on Whatsapp (iPhone, Blackberry & Android)
- Whatsapp> Menu Button> Settings> Account> Privacy> Messaging> Blocked Contacts> Add blocked contacts> Choose contact.
- For unknown users: Select "Obstruct" button when they message you.
To unblock: Menu Button> Settings> Account> Privacy> Blocked Contacts> Contact (tap & hold)> Unblock.
Ignore People on Facebook Without them Knowing (4 Ways)
- Privacy Settings> Click on “padlock” icon> How do I stop someone from bothering me> Enter name or email to block> Ignore> Window opens> Confirm.
- Person’s profile> Click this button "…" located next to "Message"> Ignore> Confirm.
- Mobile: Person’s profile> Click "…" for Android or Square icon for iOS> Ignore> Confirm.
- Windows phone: Settings> Account settings> Blocking> Enter name> Ignore> Confirm.
- Any phone: m.facebook.com> Settings & Privacy> Blocking> Enter name or email> Ignore.
To unblock: Privacy Settings> How do I stop someone from bothering me? > View all blocked users> Unblock> Send friend request.
Do you know there are many things you don't know about Facebook when it comes to using it? Explore them in this book. Personally, I discovered a lot!
Instagram (How to Cut Communication Fast)
Instagram app> Person’s profile> Menu (iPhone-box with an arrow, Android- 3 vertical dots, Windows Phone- 3 horizontal dots)> Hide users> Confirm.
To unblock: Instagram app> Person’s profile> Menu (iPhone-box with an arrow, Android- 3 vertical dots, Windows Phone- 3 horizontal dots)> unhide users> Confirm.
Twitter (2 Ways)
Person’s profile> Gear icon> Obstruct> Confirm.
From a tweet: More icon (…)> Obstruct.
- For iOS users: Person’s profile> Gear icon> Obstruct> Confirm.
Also, person’s tweet> More icon (…)> Obstruct> Confirm.
- For Android users: Person’s profile> Overflow icon> Obstruct> Confirm.
Also, person’s tweet> Overflow icon> Obstruct> Confirm.
To unblock: Person’s profile> Blocked button> Yes for Android & unhide for iOS.
Pinterest- Stop Interaction or Following (3 Ways)
- Person’s profile> Gear icon> Inhibit> Confirm.
To unblock: Person’s profile> Gear icon> uninhibit> Confirm.
- Person’s profile> About> Report or inhibit> Inhibit.
To unblock: Person’s profile> About> Report or inhibit> Uninhibit.
- Person’s profile> Flag> Inhibit.
To unblock: Person’s profile> Flag> Uninhibit.
- Computer: Person’s profile> Click the "downward arrow icon"> Report or Restrict> Remove from Circles or Restrict.
- iPhone: Person’s profile> Gear icon> Restrict.
- Android: Person’s profile> Menu> Restrict> OK.
LinkedIn (3 Ways)
- LinkedIn settings> Privacy controls> Select who can see your activity feed> Save changes.
- LinkedIn settings> Privacy controls> Select who can see your connections> Save changes.
- Accounts & Settings> Review> Privacy Controls> Manage who you are blocking> You will be totally anonymous> Person profile> Connect button or InMail button> Block or Obstruct> I agree.
LinkedIn can be a very crucial platform if well utilized. I didn't know this until I got this book! I would advice you to go through this helpful guide.
How to Block Someone on Youtube
Person’s profile> About> Flag icon> Hide user> Confirm.
Tumblr- How to Ignore People (2 Ways)
Settings> Ignored users> Enter the person’s URL> Ignore.
Use password-protected blog: Dashboard> Click on "upside down arrow"> Create a new blog> Enter title & URL> Password protect this blog (check box)> Enter password> Create a blog.
Snapchat- Ignore People Who Are Not Your Friends (2 Ways)
- Snapchat app> Friends list> Person’s username> Gear icon> Ignore.
Unblock: Snapchat app> Friends list> Person’s username> Gear icon> unblock.
- Snapchat app> Friends list> Person’s username> Gear icon> Delete.
Add: Snapchat app> Friends list> Person’s username> Gear icon> Add.
How to Block People on Blackberry Messenger (BBM)
Open BBM> Person’s profile> Trash can icon> Delete & Ignore.
Block messages: Home screen> "Options" icon> Security> Firewall> One or more message types (check box)> Menu key> Save.
You don't have to communicate with people who cannot add value to your life. Ignore any uninvited persons by blocking them. Avoid harassment by filtering your contacts. Choose the obstructing method that suits you or your device to cut communication with wrong people.