How to Bypass Megavideo Restrictions
Megavideo is an extremely popular video host that has hundreds of thousands of clips and available content pieces. Megavideo does contain a lot of pirated material, but the site complies with the law by offering options for copyright owners to remove their content. Nonetheless, there are many reasons to use Megavideo. One of Megavideo's biggest annoyances however, is that after watching "72 minutes of video," you are prompted to wait for an hour before being allowed to access the site again. This restriction is extremely inconvenient, and people have been trying for a long time to bypass the restrictions.
Methods That Don't Work
Before I tell you how to bypass Megavideo's video limit, I am going to tell you the methods that don't work. There are many sites out there that promise to be able to remove Megavideo's restrictions. There is even an add-on for Firefox. Unfortunately, I have yet to find one that works.
- Clearing your history does not work because that is irrelevant to watching a video
- Clearing your cookies does not work because (if I am assuming correctly) the site works based on IP address, which isn't affected by cookies
- Using *most* proxies doesn't work. I don't know exactly why, but I've yet to find a proxy that will work to bypass the limit.
- Resetting your router doesn't work unless you specifically force an IP address change
- Allowing the movie to load and then disconnecting the internet. (The site has more advanced methods to prevent this)
Methods That Sometimes Work
Now, I will explain some methods that occasionally will work. I have had mixed success with these.
- Using proxies sometimes will decrease the amount of wait time from an hour to less that 10 minutes. I don't know why, it just does. But this is only occasionally.
- Resetting your router works, only if you also type "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" into a Windows command prompt. Although this worked a few times for me, it now only works once in a while.
Method That Usually Works
There isn't going to be a category for "methods that always work" because I haven't found a fool-proof method yet. However, the method below is something I discovered accidentally, and it has worked 99% of the time for me. That being said, future Megavideo updates may cause it to stop working at any time, so I make no guarantees.
This method involves downloading a program the encrypts data between your computer and the site host (Megavideo) as well as reroutes it through multiple other IP addresses. The program is called "Ultrasurf," and I talk about it for other purposes here. You can download the program here: http://www.ultrareach.com/
The program runs as a stand-alone program and doesn't require installation. Simply start it up. You will now see a little golden lock symbol at the bottom right of the screen and Internet Explorer will open. Simply copy the Megavideo video URL into Internet Explorer and it should load there.
One issue that I have noticed with this method is that occasionally the video stops buffering and ceases to play. If this happens, simply reloading the page and starting the video where you left off will solve the issue.
Another option is to use a VPN, however, most users don't have their own VPN to take advantage of, so this option is the next best thing. It has worked almost flawlessly for me, so I wish you success.
Tags: bypassing megavideo limit, bypassing megavideo restriction, mega video restriction bypass, megavideo workaround, mega video bypass, mega video trick, how to watch more than 72 minutes of video on megavideo, megavideo bypassing limit, how to disable megavideo limit, how to disable megavideo restriction