How to Choose a Safe and Quality Power Bank?
About Power Bank
Power banks are also known as portable chargers, portable battery packs, mobile power packs or power juice packs. As mobile devices consume more power with newfangled capacities like GPS, apps, and games, an increasing number of users are staying prepared with power banks to feed their power-hungry devices. However, recent news reports of power banks overheating and exploding have raised concerns on consumer safety. Rumours have also surfaced of substandard power banks packed with chemicals, acid and sand, which not only fail to fulfill the function, they may melt and endanger users. Riding on the wave of acceptance for smartphones, power banks remain a young product on the market, but it is time consumers learn to be more discerning when choosing and using them.
Choosing a Quality and Safe Power Bank
Check that the power bank is properly labeled to show manufacturer’s information. Those that lack such information or appear dubious cannot be traced back to the manufacturer and may not meet required safety standards.
Check Safety Specification
The power bank should come with detailed safety specifications such as operating environment, input requirements and output capability. It should also come with safety instructions for using the power bank.
What is the lifespan of my mobile power?
The life cycle of all of our Power Banks is 500 cycles which would equal to charging your device daily for a year and a half.
The manufacturer should offer a reasonable period of warranty, such as 1 year, or even product liability insurance on top of the warranty provided.
Come with Safety Protection Feature
There is a risk of excessive heat build-up leading to fire or explosion when using poorly designed or poorly made lithium-ion or lithium-polymer based power banks. Look out for safety features such as:
- Over-charge protection: Charging is cut off when your device is fully charged; power is cut off when the power bank is fully charged.
- Over-discharge protection
- Over-voltage protection
- Over-current protection
- Short-circuit protection
- Overheat protection
- Extra insulation of battery elements
To Comply with CE and FCC Standard
The power bank should be at least conform to CE (European Standard) and FCC (US Federal Communications Commission) Certified. If the power bank is UN38.3 safety standards complaint, it will give the user added assurance that it is safe for use in flight and safe when used under regular transportation stresses.
Do you intent to get a Power Bank Now?
By choosing only power banks with high standard of safety, quality and reliability, users can have peace of mind while staying on the move with their mobiles devices.
Bay Valley Parts® High Capacity 3.7V 10000mAh External Rechargeable Portable Battery Pack Charger Power Bank
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
- Capacity: 10000mAh
- Input: 5V 1A (micro USB port)
- USB Output: 5V / 2.1A Max
- Weight: 13oz
Size (LWH): 5.43 inches, 2.42 inches, 0.83 inches
- Huge Capacity: 10000mAh with reliable Lithium battery cells, supply up to 5 times of full iPhone battery charge, 2-3 times of Galaxy S3, and one time full charge for iPad/iPad 2, four integrated LED power status indicator lets you know exactly how much power is left. 2 built-in LED flashlights for night lighting. Strong case design that ensures no damage even if it accidentally falls on to the ground from 3 feet above
- Charges Android devices and iPhone with iOS5 or higher at full speed, iPad with iOS5 or 6 at 1.5A, or iPad with iOS7 at 1A (NOTE: this power bank does NOT charge Samsung or ASUS tablets)
- Stylish & Portable Design: Ergonomic design for easy handle by one hand, it fits into your palm perfectly, you can put your smart phone on this device while charging and playing games; Perfect for long plane flights, road trips; Carry the mobile power wherever you go; charge your devices any time anywhere
- Input: 5V 1A max, use the included Micro USB Cable to charge this device (approximately 12 hours)
- Package Contents: Bay Valley Parts® High Capacity External Power Bank, Micro USB Cable, User Manual
Simple and Reliable to Use:
Use the included Micro USB Cable to charge this portable power bank on computer or 5V 1A wall charger, full charge takes about 12 hours (essentially overnight). Then use the original charging cable came along with your device to charge your smart phones or tablets, that's it! With built-in security protection design such as short-circuit, over-charging and over-current, this power bank will automatically shut down to avoid destroying the device and causing accident.
12-month warranty offered from date of purchase.
AP® 15600mAh Power Bank
AP is founded by many young people who love modern life and challenge. With AP power battery, you DO NOT need to worry your phones without power. We also focuse on improving customers' shopping experience, go and enjoy the greatest happiness during the travel.
Input: DC5V 1A MAX(Micro USB)
Output: USB1: DC5V2.1V, USB2: DC5V1A(MAX 2.1)
Size:138 x 62 x 21mm/ 5.4 x 2.4 x 0.83inch
Charging time: about 18 hours
Package: 1x power bank, 1x cable, 2 mobile connectors (Micro and 4 s)
Battery Life Extension on Mobile Phones:
- 500~600% of Mobile Phones' insided battery.
- 60 hours Talk time
- 160 hours audio time
1x 15600mAh power bank
1x USB spring cable.
2x mobile phone connector(Micro&Iphone4s)
1x User Manual
USB devices under 5V, such as iPhone 3 3GS 4 4S 、iPad 1 2、iPod、HTC, Dopod, HTC, Samsung, LG, PDA, MP3, MP4, Bluetooth, Digital Camera...
1. One year guarantee from AP
ALLPOWERS™ Power Bank 50000mAh
1. Battery Type: Li-Po
2. Capacity: 3.7V / 50000mAh
3. Input: DC 5V/1000mA (Max)
4. Output: USB1: 5V 1000mA, USB2: 5V 2100mA
6. Size: 175 x 70 x 20mm/ 6.9 x 2.8 x 0.78inch
Suitable for products which need to charge with USB, such us Apple, Samsung, iphone 6 plus, iphone 5, iPhone4, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, (If you have a connector for iPhone 5G and 6 plus, it can fit 5G and 6 plus)iPod, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Touch 2G, PSP, GPS, Digital Camera, Bluetooth, etc. As for other special mobile phones or other devices, you can also connect the portable power bank by using your original USB data cable .
1x 50000mAh power bank
1x USB spring cable.
5x mobile phone connectors.(do not include adapter)
Attention: the capacity calculation method is using the power divide the power, not current divide current
One year product guarantee from ALLPOWERS