How to Comfort a Friend Via Text Message
How to Comfort a Friend in a Text Message
It is always best to comfort a friend in person or at least on the phone. However, in certain situations all you can do is send a text message to let them know you are thinking about them. You can make your text message comforting without sounding trite or insensitive.
Here are a few suggestions on how to comfort a friend via text message:
- "I really wish I could hug you now instead of sending this text message. I know you must be feeling devastated and lonely now. Know that you are not alone. I am right here with you day or night."
- "I just found out the news. I am saddened to know my best friend is hurting. Do you want me to call you tonight so we can talk about it?"
- "Wow, I think you are one of the strongest people I know. You have been through so much already. I know it does not make it any easier, but I know you have the tenacity and ability to turn this situation around. I am right there with you helping you in any way you need."
- "If I could comfort you with words, I hope I text all the right letters."
- "I am here for you."
- "I am sorry to hear you are going through such a hard time. I will have my phone on me day and night. I hope you reach out to me so I can be the friend you have always been to me so many times before."
- "Time and love heals all wounds. I know things did not turn out the way you hoped. It is heartbreaking when our dreams do not come true. I hope another door opens for you wider and bigger in the near future."
How to Comfort Your Friend When They Break up with Their GF/BF.
When you get the news your friend has just been dumped by her boyfriend, you can send a quick text message to let her know you care. Here are some ideas on how to comfort your friend when their boyfriend, BF, or girlfriend, GF, just broke up with them.
- "Sorry to hear that your BF broke up with you. I can not believe he is losing out on such and amazing beautiful girl."
- "Your GF is going to regret ever breaking up with you. Let's go and get drinks this Friday at Eastside Bar and Grill. I know you can not replace Sara. But you might find someone this weekend that can help ease the pain."
- "Seriously! He broke up with you! Ugh! I just want to scream at him for hurting my friend."
- "I know you are hurting now, but I wanted you to know that I am secretly glad you guys broke up. I thought he was a jerk and treated you poorly from the beginning. I am hoping you can find a boyfriend that treats you with respect and truly admires you the way you deserve to be."
- "She was wrong, she didn't complete you. You are already complete. I hope you can find a girl who does not try to 'fix' you my friend, because from where I stand, you are perfect the way you are."
What do you think?
If you can't be there, what's the best way to comfort a friend?
© 2013 Carly Sullens