How to Create an Ecitizen Account
How to Create an Ecitizen Account
Ecitizen Account is aimed at helping Kenyan Citizens and Foreign Residents to apply for Government to Citizen (G2C) services and pay via mobile money, debit Cards, and eCitizen agents. This one of the ways Kenyan citizens can access government services with ease and within no time.
Why Use eCitizen Services?
- You will create a single sign-in account - One account is all you need, a single username and password that gets you into everything government.
- It is convenient – this is because you will pay using mobile money, Debit Cards, and online banking from local banks.
- Notifications – you will get email and SMS notifications every time your application has progressed to another stage or has been fully processed.
- Online based services – all applications are online based whereby you fill online application form, submit then receive your permit in PDF format from wherever you are ready for printing.
Which Account Should I Create?
Before you create your eCitizen account, know the exact account you are required to create. To access the eCitizen account, just type https://www.ecitizen.go.ke/ and once the page loads, click on create account button on the top right-hand side of the page. The four accounts available are:
- Kenyan Citizen - This account is for Kenyan citizens only. You will need your National ID number and your first name to register.
- Foreign Residents - This account is for foreigners residing in Kenya. You will need your foreigner certificate and your first name to register.
- Visitors - This account is for nationals who require a visa to enter the Republic of Kenya.
- Business - This account is for businesses registered in Kenya. You will need your business registration number.
If You Have Used eCitizen Portal, How Would You Rate It?
The eCitizen Dashboard
Creating a Kenyan Citizen Account
eCitizen account can only be created for Kenyan citizens with national ID. Click on create account under the Kenyan citizen option. This process will take you through four steps; creating the account, entering and verifying email and phone number and lastly inputting your photo. On the account window, enter your national identification number and your first name then click on verify. If your details are correct and you have never registered before, a new window will appear with your full names at the top and ID number. A fillable form will appear where you are supposed to input your email and preferred password for your account. Make sure you enter the correct email because a link for verifying your email will be sent to it.
Open your email and check if the link has been received. If you do not find it in the inbox, you can check your junk or spam folder. Click on the link to verify your email. This will open a new tab where you will input your phone number. After submitting, a code will be sent to your phone, enter the code to verify your phone. The next window is for uploading your photo. You can skip this process by clicking on the skip button provided.
How to Create an eCitizen Account for Kenyan Citizens
The Ecitizen Dashboard
The main eCitizen page or dashboard opens where there are various government services being offered. These are the various services you can access:
National Transport and Safety Authority
This includes applying for a provisional driving license; book a driving test, getting a driving license, renewing the driving license, pay fees and tracking your application.
Office of The Attorney General and Department of Justice
Includes getting married or enter a civil partnership in Kenya, business Name search, and Registration.
Department of Immigration Services
This includes the application for a passport, application for a Kenyan visa and application for a work permit.
Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Apply and pay for your Police Clearance Certificate (certificate of good conduct).
Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning
Includes searching for a Title deed, land rent clearance demand notice, and payments.
Civil Registration Department
Apply and pay for Birth and Death Certificates online.
County Government of Mombasa
Apply for County of Mombasa eServices
County Government of Nyeri
Apply and pay for your Single Business Permit
County Government of Kisumu
Apply and pay for your Trade License
Kisumu e-Construction Permit
Apply and pay for the county government of Kisumu e-Construction permit
Do you think the government has done a good thing to put these services online?
© 2017 Patrick Kamau