How to Delete Default Apps on a Rooted Android
Almost all android phones can be rooted. The biggest advantage with this process is the fact that the android user as well as the installed apps gets access to the core software of the operating system. This is one of the biggest advantages of android being an open source platform. You can as well revoke the root access if the need arises.
Rooting primarily gives access to the system level files making sure that customization is simpler and very much possible. The privilege of doing the customization and adjustments is usually not available for the ordinary android users. An android user with root access can now easily learn how to delete default apps on a rooted android as part of the adjustments. This is perhaps the greatest advantage of rooting an android device. It is practically impossible to remove the stock or default applications from an android phone without root access.
Need to Delete Default Apps
The default apps come pre-installed in the android phone by the manufacturer. The downside is that many of the stock apps might not provide extended functionality as that provided by custom apps. This informs the need to learn how to delete default apps on a rooted android.
- How To Fix Insufficient Storage Available Error On A...
The 'insufficient storage available' bug on android is a nuisance. Many have tried tricks and tutorials on how to fix insufficient storage available error on android phones with mixed results.
- How to Optimize Great Content for Search Engines to ...
Web content providers have the sole intention of growing data and working to optimize great content for search engines to easily crawl, index and rank. Here are content optimization techniques.
- Best Free Antivirus For Android ICS
The rising numbers of malware and malicious apps on android necessitates finding the best antivirus apps for android. Many people prefer the best free antivirus for android ICS.
- How To Get System Dump On Android Devices
Many android users would want to know how to get system dump on android to back up the android device. The process of how to get system dump on android is done to have an image of the installed ROM.
Here is the process on how to delete default apps on a rooted android. This process is specifically aimed at the advanced android users.
- Turn on the android phone and tap on the Home button. On the applications drawer found at the bottom of the screen, tap on file explorer program.
- Click on the ‘Root’ option or the first folder of the android file system whichever appears. Scroll down to select ‘System folder’ and then tap on the ‘App folder’.
- Find the App(s) you intend to delete. Tap and hold on the app and from the menu that appears, select delete and tap OK to confirm. There might be a challenge in identifying specific apps especially those that do not use the names that appear on the android home screen. For these apps, use the icons to help you identify them.
- The process is repeated for each and every app you intend to remove.
Removing some apps may render the android phone unusable due to the corruption of other software and programs. In such a situation, only a total installation of the android OS will save the phone. It is therefore important that any android user researches and finds out the consequences of removing a particular android app.
You can retain an app as an unused app by changing the extension of the app so that it is not accessible to the android system. In this way, you will not have to delete the app on a rooted android.
After completing these steps on how to delete default apps on a rooted android, you might still see the app in your apps and a full memory. To fully get rid of the app, go to the app manger and uninstall updates. This action will not be completed because the app is already removed but it will make sure the memory is freed and the app can no longer be seen.