- Internet & the Web
How to Delete Speedbit Download Accelerator Plus 10 from Internet Explorer and Firefox in Windows 8
- Exit Speedbit Download Accelerator Plus if it is currently running on your computer.
- Close all Web browsers and any unnecessary programs that are currently running. Make sure you don't have any other user accounts logged on to the computer.
- Press "Windows-F" on your keyboard. This will open the Windows Charm menu search, then type "Programs and Features".
- Click "Settings" from the Charm menu to filter search results for control panel items and administrative tool, then click "Programs and Features." This will open Windows Programs and Features where you can manage all of the desktop programs currently installed on the Windows operating system.
- Scroll down the list of applications in the Uninstall or Change a Program section until you see Speedbit's Download Accelerator Plus listed. If you are having trouble finding the program, click the "Name" column header to sort by application name, or click the "Publisher" column header to sort by publisher name.
- Click on the program to select it, then click "Uninstall" or "Uninstall / Change" from the menu bar. Follow the instructions on the uninstallation wizard to remove the application from your machine.
- Exit the installation wizard once complete, then close Programs and Features.
- Reboot your computer to complete the uninstallation process. Once your computer has restarted, you will no longer find Speedbit Download Accelerator Plus in Internet Explorer or Firefox.
The information provided in this article applies to Microsoft Windows 8 and Speedbit Download Accelerator Plus 10.
Microsoft Windows: Use the Charms -- Search, Share, Change Settings and More
Speedbit: Download Accelerator Plus DAP 10
Speedbit: DAP FAQ: How do I Uninstall Download Accelerator Plus?
University of Wisconsin-Madison KnowledgeBase: Windows 8 -- Uninstall a Program