- Android Phones
How to Easily Root Your Android Phone
How Easy This Process Is
Remember the old days when rooting an Android was such a tedious, difficult, and risky thing to do? Only people who were tech-savvy could have a chance at succesfully doing it. But now with Androids being sold at an unheard of rate in the industry, more and more people are now familiar with the ins and outs of Android devices. A variety of coders and developers have worked a countless amount of days in their "labs" to create an easier method for people to root their Android phones. Now because of their hard work and genious abilities rooting an Android device is an incredibly simple process. It can now be put on pretty much auto-run and there's no room for human-error (no more bricking your phone). You download a freeware and let the program do the rest.
Rooting your phone has become much easier compared to just a few years ago, but even still some people are scared and confused on how to do it. Some people would give up on trying out of frustration because they couldn't figure out how to do it. They would scavenge for the right videos, read through dozens of forums, try to follow poorly written guides. An app called "Unlock Root" allows users to easily perform a rooting process to their phone.
Which Phones/Versions Are Compatible
About 250 different cellphone models made by HTC, Samsung, Acer, Asus, Ericsson, Sony, Huawei, Dell, and Motorola are compatible with Unlock Root.
The app is simple and user-friendly. Android 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3 are currently supported. The software team is currently working on the following devices:
- HTC Sensation Galaxy Nexus (i9250) LG Optimus 3D (P920)
- HTC Wildfire S Galaxy Note (I9220) LG Optimus 2x
- HTC Desire S Galaxy S II (I9100) LG Optimus LET
- HTC Incredible S Galaxy S (I9000) LG Optimus Black
Unlock Root is only capable with Windows computers which are running Windows 7/Vista/XP.
Install your devices USB drivers. (your device should have came with a Drivers CD, if not or if you have no idea where that would be the phone's manufacturing company should have it on their website)
- Download the Unlock Root software. To get it go to: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6dblmt98qj8wxeh
- Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development and enable the USB Debugging mode on your phone.
- Hook up your device to your computer by using a USB cable.
- Run the UnlockRoot application.
- Your device should be automatically detected.
- Then select your device from the list of auto-detected devices.
- To start, click the "Root" button.
- Let the program work its magic and finish rooting the device by itself. After it's done, you should see a message stating that your phone was rooted succesfully.
- After that confirmation, just reboot your phone and it will be officially rooted!
Most "rooters" tend to check the succesfulness of the rooting process by having the "Superuser" app or some other third-party app that requires root access.
Now have fun with your newly rooted device!