- Computers & Software
How to Easily access your Recycle Bin
Finding the Recycle Bin can be tricky when your Desktop is overflowing with files.Copmuter tips and tricks have lot of importants in our daily computing life.In this hub, I am showing you a computing tip how to take control over your deleted files with a small application MiniBin?
MINIBIN IS A simple application that places access to your Recycle Bin in the Notification Area of a Windows PC. While you may not want a second way to monitor and empty deleted files, MiniBin is a quick way of cutting down the clicks required to permanently remove them. It also gets rid of that final piece of clutter if you want a clear Desktop. Even if you like having the Recycle Bin on the Desktop, Windows will often move it so it’s hard to find, and you also have to minimise all open windows to access it; you’ll have no such problems with MiniBin.
MiniBin, which was designed by Mike Edward Moras, is free from www.e-sushi.net. The software works on all versions of the Windows OS and installs without burying itself too deep in the system, so it doesn’t require administrator privileges to be added to a PC.
1. When you have installed the software, a new icon appears in the Notification Area. The bin icon looks like a cross-section of an actual bin, so you’ll be able to see how full it is at a glance. If it’s clear white, the bin is empty. if it’s all black then it’s holding a lot of deleted items. Hold your mouse button over this icon for more information, including how much space the files in the Recycle Bin are taking up.
2. If it seems like there are a lot of files clogging up the Recycle Bin, you can quickly open it to see if they can be permanently discarded. If the MiniBin software is set to the default settings, double-clicking the icon will open the usual Recycle Bin window. You can also right-click the logo and choose Open to see the same window. A Windows Explorer view of the Recycle Bin will open when you do this, and the Explorer icon on the taskbar of Windows 7 will flash to let you know there’s a new window.
3. If you want to tweak the features of MiniBin, right-click the icon in the Notification Area and choose Configure from the menu that appears. Despite its simplicity, this program comes with a selection of visual themes to change the appearance of the MiniBin icon. As standard it uses a simple black and white icon, which gets blacker as it fills up. However, if you click the pull-down menu below the word Theme, you can choose from a number of different coloured and shaped icons, all with their own unique way of illustrating how full the Recycle Bin is.
4. The Configure menu contains other useful options, too. You can choose to have the program automatically launch when Windows starts, or you may decide that you want to empty the trash when you double-click the icon, rather than opening the Recycle Bin as in Step 2. Don’t worry about accidentally deleting everything – MiniBin still requires you to agree to a prompt before it will delete the entire contents of the Recycle Bin.
There is also an option to boost performance if MiniBin runs slowly; this problem has certainly been noted in some Windows 7 systems. Finally, MiniBin can be set up to tell you the size of a ‘full’ Recycle Bin in megabytes. This is used to work out which icon MiniBin should show, from an empty bin to a full one. If you regularly work with and delete large files, such as videos, you may want to increase the size limit.
5. If you want to wipe all your deleted files permanently, you can do this from MiniBin. Just right-click the icon in the Notification Area, and click Empty. You’ll get a Windows prompt that asks ‘Are you sure you want to permanently delete these items?’ Click Yes if you’re sure, and your Recycle Bin will be wiped.