How to Embed Video in PowerPoint 2007
Embedding video directly into your PowerPoint presentation prevents you from having to go outside the program to play a video, which can be distracting to your audience. You can set videos up to play automatically when the slide they're placed on appears or when you click within that specific slide. Inserting a video file can be done in a few minutes, however, before you try inserting your video file, ensure the video's file type is supported by PowerPoint 2007 here.
Process for Embedding Video in PowerPoint 2007
- From either the Slides or Outline view, select the slide you want to insert a video in to make it the active slide.
- Select the "Insert" tab from the ribbon along the top of the PowerPoint presentation and then click the drop-down arrow beneath Movie in the Media Clips section.
- Click "Movie from File" to open the Insert Movie dialog box. Select the name of the movie you want to add and then click "OK." Common video types PowerPoint supports includes AVI, WMV and MPEG, but there are a wide variety of supported video file types. After selecting the video file you want to use, a Microsoft Office PowerPoint dialog box opens, asking whether you want the video file to play automatically when the slide appears or after you click in the slide. Click either Automatically or When Clicked. The video file will be inserted into that specific PowerPoint slide.
- Click the video box that appears within the PowerPoint slide to select it. You'll know when the video is selected because selection points appears along the edges of the video box.
- Re-size the video by dragging the selection points out, or use the arrows on your keyboard to move the video file around the slide page.
- After positioning the video where you want it on the page and what size you want it to appear, ensure the video is selected, right-click the video box and then click "Preview." Alternatively, select the video box, select "Options" on the ribbon toolbar and then click "Preview" in the Play section. The video begins playing within the video box.
- You can see how the video looks in Slide Show view by clicking the "Slide Show" button in the lower-right corner of the PowerPoint program window, to the left of the Zoom slider.