- Computers & Software»
- Operating Systems
How to Enable or Disable the Guest Account in Windows XP
In Windows XP there is an account which is termed as Guest account and it has a limited privileges. The user who are logging through guest account, generally don't have any user account. Guest account provides only a limited no of access of the computer. But there is a security related issue and that's why its sometimes dangerous for any computer. But unfortunately, Guest account is disabled by default. If you want to ensure security, it's a good practice to disable guest account and create an user account to use. This page gives you in details about enabling and disabling Guest account.
How to enable or disable Guest account?
To enable or disable Guest account, complete the following steps:
- Click on Start menu, then click on Control Panel and finally double-click on the User Accounts.
- Now, User Accounts window will be opened and you will see a user account which is termed as Guest.
- By default, Guest account is disable. To enable it, click on it.
4. Then a window will be appeared which will ask you Do you wnat to turn on the guest account? Select Turn On The Guest Account . Now the Guest account will be turned on.
To disable Guest account if Guest account is turned on, click on the Guest icon to access the What do you want to change about the guest account? Now, click on Turn off the guest account. And that's done to disabling the Guest Window.
5. At last, close User Accounts window and Control Panel Window.
By following the above steps you can easily enable or disable Guest account to any WIndows machine.
© Written by rancidTaste
If you are enjoyed this post, please consider to give a thumbs up and leave a comment. You may Subscribe to rancidTaste's RSS feed to get new pages which will be delivered to your feed reader. You can also read more hubs by rancidTaste.
JOIN HUBPAGES & ENJOY WORLD'S BEST WRITINGS