- Internet & the Web»
- Social Networking
How to Improve Your Facebook News Feed
I'm sure many of you have wanted to write this letter:
HubPages uses ads and affiliate links to pay its writers (in this case me). If you normally use an ad blocker, please consider turning it off while you are visiting this site. Thank you!
Why is my Facebook news feed filled with stuff I don't care about? Why aren't my interesting friends and their posts right up top where I want to see it? Why can't I find posts from my favorite Page?
If Facebook ever chose to reply to their users, I'm sure their response would be something like this:
Dear Beloved User:
We heard you. We offer you this adorable Fox ...
Wait! What? You haven't seen this cute little Feedback Fox on the right-hand side of your Facebook screen? Well, keep an eye out for him, because he's going to help you tell Facebook how to make you happy. Here's what you need to do:
When you see the Feedback Fox ...
- Click the "Give Feedback" button.
- You will be presented with a pop-up window that explains the survey instructions.
- The survey will show you 10 pairs of posts that your Friends and Liked Pages have made recently.
- For each pair, select the post that best represents what you'd like to see in your news feed.
- If you can't decide, click the "Can't Decide" button at the top of the survey window.
(Click on the image to the right for a bigger view.)
Do it Again ... and Again ...
The more you do this, the better Facebook is able to tailor the posts you see through their fancy-schmancy algorithms. YAY!
Other Ways to Tailor Your News Feed
For other ways to make your Facebook news feed a more enjoyable place to visit, check out "How to Make Facebook a Positive Experience."
© 2015 Rosa Marchisella