- Computers & Software»
- Operating Systems»
How to Install WordPress in Windows 7 using IIS
How to Install WordPress in IIS
Wordpress is an opensource content management system. The front end is developed using PHP and the back end or the database server is MySQL.It is currently the most popular in use on the net. In this hub we will learn how to install WordPress on our local machine.
Here are the steps on how to install WordPress on a localhost.
- Install a local web server. In our case its IIS.
- Install the latest PHP.
- Download and install the latest stable version MySQL for windows.
- Create a dabase named Wordpress in MySQL
- Download the latest stable release of WordPress from its website.
- After downloading the file extract it to c:\inetpub\www\
- Rename the wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php
- Update the recently renamed wp-config.php according according to the database details