Wordpress Tutorial: Installing wordpress on your own computer?
Ya I know, Most of you're well known about this, but a minimum of 100 more children's born every minute (If I'm correct) around the world. So, 10 out of 100 will definitely use internet and 2 out of 10 will definitely use WordPress once in the beginning. So, I can Help those people and don't want to leave gaps between help (as internet is a source of Information).
This easy and step by step tutorial will help you in installing WordPress on your own computer with just little efforts. You only need to have a basic understandings (Knowledge) of,
- What is web host ?
- What is a Software ?
- What is WordPress ?
- What is Database ?
- What will I do after installing WordPress and That's all sparky!!!
So, I'll not waste your precious time and lets come to the tutorial directly. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Download the WordPress from WordPress.org,
- Download any web hosting software for example XAMPP, WAMP or any other known in your knowledge. You can download Xampp from here .
- Unzip the WordPress package that You downloaded for WordPress.org. Then, You'll see a new folder created named as 'WordPress' (You can download winzip or winrar software to open such files (zipped files) ).
- Install Xampp, When download is finished and Note the directory address in which it is installing.
- Open that directory and go to folder named as htdocs. And, if you're using any other web-hosting software, then, you can go to folder in which your html files are located and are accessible through a web browser.
- Copy the unzipped WordPress folder and paste it inside that. (inside htdocs folder in xampp).
- Open 'Xampp Control Panel' from Start -> All Programs ->
Xampp for windows -> Xampp control panel and click on 'start' buttons that have labels Apache and MySQL before them.
- Open any web browser like Mozilla Firefox, Internet explorer, Google chrome, safari etc.
- Type "http://localhost/wordpress/" in address bar and press the enter button.
- You'll see a page opened with button named as 'Create Configuration file', Click on it.
- Open 'Xampp control Panel' again and click on admin button having label MySQL Before it.
- A new tab or window of web browser will open and then, create a new database with name 'WordPress' in it.
- Then, come back to "http://localhost/wordpress/" tab/window of web-browser and Enter the values of fields including this settings, Username used to access database = 'root' and Leave the field labeled as 'password to access database' blank (as it is).
- Now, Proceed as per the instructions coming on webpage.... And Finally you're successfully installed WordPress on your own computer.
I'm not a native English speaker, So, Please ignore grammatical errors in these article. Hope, it is easy to understand.
This article is written as per my own knowledge and not even a single help is taken from external sources while writing this. So, You are free to input your queries here below in comment section for any kind of help related to this article.
Thanks for reading, Blessings!!!