How to Install wordpress on your server
WordPress is an open source free web based software powered by PHP and MySQL that anyone can use to build and maintain a website or blog.
In this tutorial i will explain in parts how to effectively install it on your web host.
First you need to create a Mysql database. This varies on different webhosts but support can help you set this up free on most webhosts. contact your webhost for more information.
And lets move on:
- Download the latest version of wordpress by visiting WordPress.org
- Unzip the downloaded wordpress file using software like winrar
- After unzipping you will remain with a folder named "wordpress"
- In the folder, find wp-config-sample.php and rename it to wp-config.php
- After renaming "wp-config.php" open it using with notepad or your favorite php editor
- Look for these in the wp-config.php file and edit as appropriate
define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘YourDataseName‘);define(‘DB_USER’, ‘YourUsername‘);define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘YourDatabasePassword‘);define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘YourDatabaseHost‘);
(If you can't find your database host contact your Hosting company for details)
- Stilll in the wp-config.php file find this
define(‘AUTH_KEY’, ‘paste your unique phrase here’);
define(‘SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘paste your unique phrase here’);
define(‘LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘paste your unique phrase here’);
define(‘NONCE_KEY’, ‘paste your unique phrase here’);
(To find your unique phrase visit secret key and copy and insert above as appropriate.)
- Now Save wp-config.php file
- Login to your webhosting accoount using an FTP client like FileZilla or WinSCP
- Upload all files in the "wordpress" folder to the root directory.(If you upload to the root your installation with be www.yourblogsdomain.com)
(Don't upload the whole wordpress folder, else your blog will be installed at a location like www.yourblogsdomain.com/wordpress)
- Navigate to www.yourblogsname.com/wp-admin/install.php and start the install
- Now fill in as approprtiate
Blog Title -put here your blog nameYour E-mail-put in your e-mail addressSelect the "Allow my blogs to appear in search engines like Google and Technorati " option.
- After click on Install Wordpress
- Next it will bring you a page indicating Success!. This should also list your username and password (copy these)
- Now click on log in and you will be taken to your login page
- On the log in page filll in your Username and Password and click on log on
- After logging in you will be taken to your Dashboard((Admin), where you do all your posting, cutomization, and whatever you want your blog to be like.
- Lastly check out your blog by typing in your brower www.yourblogname.com and boom there is your new wordpress blog
For a professional install email: dexizy[at]gmail.com